Dragon's 2021 College Football Picks Week 11

Last week we got things going the right way and got back onto the winning track. This week we take all my learnings and triple down because 29-38 on the year is not good enough. I’m trying to retire.

NC State +2 vs. Wake Forest
NC State has burnt me twice this season and Wake burnt me last week. I’m banking on a bit of a letdown/hangover effect for Wake after suffering a collapse and first lost of the season last weekend. NC State +2.

Syracuse +3 vs. Louisville
Cuse has covered every game this season (crazy right?!?) Cunningham’s status is in question for Louisville, and if he’s not 100% whatever small chance the Cardinals had is out the window. Syracuse +3

Oklahoma vs. Baylor Over 62.5
Baylor ranks in the top 20 nationally in scoring offense 36.5 ppg. The Oklahoma Sooners offense came alive when Caleb Williams took over and are averaging 48.5 ppg. However, the defense is now giving up 30.7 ppg. You better believe this is going to a classic Big 12 shootout. Over 62.5

Georgia St. +10.5 vs. Coastal Carolina
Grayson McCall is out for Coastal Carolina as was the case last week and The Chants rolled behind backup QB Bryce Carpenter. Georgia State is not very good but there’s a ton of money coming in on this one moving the line from +8 to +10.5. That feels a bit too much give me Georgia State +10.5.

South Carolina vs. Missouri Over 54.5
Mizzu is horrible and gives up 36.5 ppg. South Carolina is found their mojo last week throttling Florida and possible ending Dan Mullins career. This game has home run big plays written all over it. Over 54.5

Arkansas -2.5 vs. LSU
WOMPIN The Razorbacks got their groove back last week against Miss St. and they keep it rolling this weekend. Coach O is even more checked out than normal at this point of the season. Arkansas -2.5.

Texas A&M -2.5 vs. Ole Miss
The Aggies are strong up front and both their lines have played extremely well since they got womped by Arkansas. Ole Miss has slowed from the typical Lane Kiffen Juggernaut we are used to seeing. A lot of this has to do with Matt Carrol being banged up. Lane would love nothing more than to stick it to Jimbo, but it won’t happen this year Texas A&M -2.5.

San Diego St. -2.5 vs. Nevada
Got to love chasing late night. Beyond that, Nevada is soft against the run and gives up chunks of yardage. San Diego St. is a run first group which also allows them to control the clock and the ball starting the WolfPacks offense. Nevada likes to attack through the air, but with limited possessions they will feel pressed to score against a stout Aztecs defense. San Diego St. -2.5

Notre Dame -5 vs. Virginia Over 64.5
As of this writing (Friday) I do not know the status of Brennan Armstrong is unknown. Even if he does give it a go on Saturday night he won’t be 100%. Broken ribs can be played through but it’s not easy and given the amount of the load BA has to carry for the Hoos it’s likely too much for him to handle. Without BA Virginia has no chance, with BA they have a shot but I still like ND to cover. If BA is on the field the O/U is an easy over. So bet ND -5 and take the over 64.5 you’ll cover yourself either way.

2 Likes

Rumors that BA isn’t starting. If you’re buying it, take the -5 and run (though I think it’s already moving some).

1 Like

Saw it at 6 this AM. May jump to 7.5 or 8 by kick. If you can get the 5 do it

Also Coastal Carolina jumped to 12.5. And I’m doubling down and taking that too

Put UC in the CFP you cowards

2 Likes

Welp so much for Syracuse keeping their cocer streak

Notre Dame -7.5 now. Total inching down to 62.5

1 Like

Thinking a ton of money came in on ND rightfully. But the total dropping tells me they aren’t expecting much outta BA. If he can’t sling it. Could easily be ND 42-12

1 Like

Tennessee giving Uga all types of hell. That hurry up offense is hard to contain

1 Like

Being said they may not score again but hope I am
wrong cause I got UT

1 Like

Homer love. I like this UT team. They’re a qb away from being dangerous

1 Like

How in the world is UTSA losing to Southern Miss? College football is nuts, ya never know week to week.

1 Like

Makes no sense. And why I love college football every week something random can happen.

1 Like

Feeling really good with ND-5 after hearing BA is not on the field for warm ups. Not so good for my over however

1 Like

Twitter is saying he’s on the field throwing now. Phew.

Tell your friend to get checked for color-blindness - that red hair ain’t easy to miss.

1 Like

Effing crazy I’m hearing so much BS around this

1 Like

Lol never mind. It’s a roller coaster. He warmed up and then went to the locker room after some throws.

You were right initially. He’s no longer on the field warming up. Not a great sign.

1 Like

Lol then he’s a no go. That’s consistent with how they said they’d handle him. Let him come out warm up see how it feels and then decide.

Gonna hammer the ND-7.5 to make up for my over 64

Can we get some quick expert analysis on the other QBs? I have no clue. Meaning do the choose one or rotate 2 or 3

1 Like