Dream Recruits (maybe non-UVA related)

Super annoyed lol

3 Likes

Ejay or VJ who is tops on the draft board?

VJ Edgecombe and itā€™s not really close lol.

Ejay (like Shaedon Simpson) is a nice find you use on your 10th 11th 12th or 13th open scholarship with potential to develop into something special and you dont lose sleep if it doesnā€™t work out.

VJ Edgecombe is Victor Oladipo 2.0. Might be a better athlete and better shooter coming out of high school.

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Big jump up from the Ivy League. Didnā€™t get enough games from Llewellyn to see how well he translated up, but there was another Princeton guard with better stats than Wojcik, Ethan Wright, who transferred after last year to Colorado and heā€™s only been replacement-level this season.

4 Likes

Yeah, feels like Dante Harris solves the ā€œwho backs up Reece next year?ā€ and ā€œwhoā€™s our secondary ball handler if we need one and IMac and Elijah canā€™t do it?ā€ questions. So no need for an Ivy grad transfer there. But we still need to solve the ā€œwho is our next PG?ā€ dilemma (unless youā€™re a huge Dante Harris believer) and the ā€œoh crap, what do we do if Reece leaves?ā€ dilemma. And I donā€™t think Ivy transfer is the answer there either.

I saw some good London Johnson tape since Scoot has been injured. Is he still a possibility? Because it turns out he still hoops and heā€™s very good at it.

3 Likes

Pray for a Chatman decommit from OSU? Or get a Time Machine and get on Trey green earlier

1 Like

What would make him decommit? I thought he and Bronny were on the same page (assuming Bronny goes to college)?

And if Bronny doesnā€™t go to collegeā€¦ what are we doing here? That kid looks exactly like a nice 3-4 year college player. Bron might have to freeze out Rich Paulā€™s anti college hoops bias if he wants to do right by his son.

Also Iā€™d love to redo college as ā€œson of ginormously rich guyā€. Seems fun!

2 Likes

Thornton Melon?

2 Likes

Is Green better than Dante? Both are too small to play together.

1 Like

Who made this offer, Larranaga or the crypto/insurance guy?

10 Likes

Damn see him in the portal I guess.

Need a shooter at the 5 spot and guards that can get down hill and 6-5 to 6-9 athletic wings at the rest of the spots.

4 Likes

This 2025 pg out of Kentucky has been popping off. Of course nowhere near Travis Perryā€™s career numbers but averaging more ppg this season as a sophomore. Already a 5 star/well know commodity with Auburn and Memphis on him but whatā€™s even more incredible is this kidā€™s story and the adversity he has had to overcome.

The kind of kid that will be easy to root for, even at an Auburn or a Kentucky.

3 Likes

The story part Ill just copy and paste

PI: You truly have an admirable story, battling some incredible adversity that could be inconceivable to many in order to reach the point you are at today. Are you ready to share a bit about that?

TP: So basically, I kind of went through a lot of hard times growing up, just having a lot of loss in my family. My mom actually passed away when I was six years old, so my dad at the time, he was a firefighter, but he also owned a pretty big farm, so I spent a lot of time with my grandparents, because he had to work after my mom passed away. So then, my dadā€™s dad, who I spent a lot of my time with, ended up passing away just a year or two after my mom passed away, so that was pretty rough for me. Then, my dad had basically raised me up until he recently passed away, about, it will almost be two years ago here in a few months. So that was obviously very hard for me. My brother who I grew up with, heā€™s actually my half brother so heā€™s a lot older than me, but we was really close growing up and he was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer, and they only gave him about a year to live. But, he ended up living I think it was right at four years, which was obviously a blessing, but he ended up passing away just this last August. That was very tough for meā€¦and then my momā€™s dad passed away about a month after that. I didnā€™t get to see him very much since he lived in Phoenix, AZ, but he did get to come down for my brotherā€™s funeral which was good, but he passed away a month after that. Now my momā€™s mom is actually sick in the hospital right now, just dealing with sickness right now. So, I definitely experienced a lot growing up, and I think itā€™s also helped me become the player and the person that I am though. I feel like, you know, God doesnā€™t give us nothing that we canā€™t handle, so you know I just try to always keep that mindset that you know this is his plan, and that he is preparing me for something bigger in the future. But yeah, I have definitely experienced some hard times growing up.

9 Likes

Man. Gonna be easy to root for this one

4 Likes

Easy to root for, but looks and sounds like Kyle Guy. Wait til he meets Tony.

2 Likes

The Coastal Carolina mention made me curious to checkā€¦damned if Cliff Ellis isnā€™t still coaching there. 45th season as a D1 coach, right behind Boeheim. I remember they gave us a scare in the tourney in 2014. I assumed he was long finished by now.

6 Likes

Thats wild. He recruited me when be was at Clemson. Or atleast his assistant did

6 Likes