Dream Recruits (maybe non-UVA related)

This is my ideal 4. Athletic and intense. Shows some skill and the potential to grow in that aspect. Doesn’t need the ball in their hands to be impactful and can hit an open 3.

He’s the glue guy that plays with the Boozer Bros on Columbus HS (out of Florida). I watched Columbus play PVI at the City of Palms semi-final and Malik Abdullahi impressed me more than anyone on PVI.

Jaiden Glover (2/3) and Malik Abdullahi (3/4/5) developing behind Leon Bond and Ryan Dunn, who could blow up and go pro at any moment. I believe the appropriate phrase to describe this situation is “sick nasty”

2 Likes

Current recruiting dream:

Reed Sheppard decommits after Calipari clown show. (if not, Christian Bliss)

We pick up both Cooper Bowser and Braeden MacVicar and redshirt them both (like Mamadi and Huff together)

And then in 2024 we get that Richmond pointguard at John Marshall, Jaiden Glover, and Malik Abdullahi.

Boom.

4 Likes

Freitag, Simpson, KK and the Paul VI big

5 Likes

This kid is just Jay Huff lol. Get this kid and in 3 years start him at the 3 as a 3 and D, 7 ft shooting guard lol

1 Like

I really like Simpson!

Definitely tall, but not sure about lanky. Built more like Andre the Giant!

Yikes!!

Gertrude as converted pointguard. Shaedon Simpson. Jaiden Glover. Malik Abdullahi. Blake Buchanan. The 5 pillars and Tony doing the post game interviews. Our 3rd national title.

1 Like

I mentioned Jalik Dunkley Distant the canadian on WIlliford’s radar.

Turns out he is already showing up on some mock 2025 draft boards so the G League interest makes sense/we probably never had a chance and Williford probably knew that 5 minutes after watching and looking into the kid lol

Also figured @Serum114 would appreciate this tweet

4 Likes

Kid was “only” 6ft (saying this as a 5’10 person lol. Reminds me of when I talk about UVA needing more athletes and then I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror). Grew to 6’7 recently. Has had some strong showing at US events. Also has a broken wrist so missed most of the summer (and he wasn’t on a top 3 shoe circuit so coaches dont care anyways in the age of portal). Despite that has picked up a couple low-major and mid-major offers.

Part of why I dont worry about UVA in the age of NIL is that there are so many stud wings in that mid major talent pool.

His sister is a 2025 womens bball recruit who seems to be legit and already has a few power 5 offers. Could be a 2 for 1 deal?

Edit: deleted the Canadian part because I may have misread. No idea where he’s from.

1 Like

Looks like Ejay Greer is from the Philly area or at least going to school there for the postgrad year.

But yeah a quick search shows he is very much on the rise.

A reputable scout (Slater, Jamie Shaw, etc. follow him). I also like the tweet because it includes Jaiden Glover another dream recruit candidate lol

1 Like

Earle Greer? Wonder if he is related to Hal Greer?

No direct relation that I see (Hal Greer quick search has only one son, Hal Jr. Not the dad here). But that’s a good connection since Hal played in Philly. Maybe cousins or great uncle connection maybe.

Looks like they are born and bred from the Philly area

1 Like

You know who Hal’s daughter is? UVa related

2 Likes

No idea but im assuming it’s a UVA sports legend or something that I am foolish not to know.

1 Like

Cherie Greer Brown | Virginia Sports Hall of Fame.

Legend Legend. One of the all time greats womens Lacrosse in the world

11 Likes

There it is.

1 Like

Thats a good one Fresh. Thanks for the info

2 Likes

Yea man. Shes been a good friend since college too. Outta college she was Grant Hills personal manger for some years as well

1 Like

Forgot to add this kid. Reason why I started the thread in the first place. Victor Oladipo 2.0. Plays at Ryan Dunn’s HS. HGN thinks he’s a 5 star next summer with a major recruiting battle going on. Originally from the Bahamas and Buddy Hield is his mentor. No idea if that also means handlers are involved but @Marktykobe comments about NYC basketball make me assume there probably are, especially for an overseas kid.

This kid just goes at people. Fearless. Intense. Also super religious and all about God: Tony’s wheelhouse.

Same scout from above who covers Philly to NYC area.

2 Likes