Dream Recruits (maybe non-UVA related)

Oh yeah. either williford already went like “nah” or is like “we’ll check him out in the spring once we get roster clarity”.

Unless this heats up.

UVM, Lehigh, Fordham, and Vandy are not insurmountable.

point guard wing

‘’'NIBC on Instagram: "Roughed up ankle? Not a problem for Jason Rivera Torres💪"

This kid shoot be a full time actor. Great responses

Was underwhelming this summer but has been popping off. No idea if he’s still on the radar but I think he would be a perfect fit with the way he’s been playing. Will be interesting to see if he keeps it up this spring.

1 Like

Modern Akil. 4/small ball 5 from Memphis area. Apparently a sleeper for Mr Basketball tennessee. Hgn has said he’s a 2024 kid in terms of us showing interest but he is 2023 at tge moment and may make a move to a postgrad/prep year program

3 Likes

You had me at “modern Akil”

4 Likes

A kid that both Williford and Vandross follow. he was on that NY Renaissance team (Christian Bliss, Jaiden Glover, Tyler Bestsey is the kid that initially intrigued them on that team but he got a Duke offer so no longer) but he’s going to be playing in Philly with Team Final (Thomas Sorber, that Jalil Bethea shooting guard I like).

He’s from Southern Pennsylvania. Was playing at the Patrick School (Jaiden Glover on my dream list, also Kyrie Irving’s alma mater). But now he’s at Mt Zion in Prince George’s county Maryland.

6-9 bouncy forward who is just now starting to develop his 3pt shot.

1 Like

Also cause Ive mentioned him might as well put a post here for him

Jalil Bethea. Guard from Philly. On Team Final with Sorber. Williford went to go see him at an open Gym in the fall. No idea if we will recruit him or not. I think we all know that the last thing I take into consideration with these recruits is the actual roster depth chart and construction/projection looking forward.

Villanova, Penn State, Syracuse on him hard. Auburn and Kansas showing interest. Gillipse and a temple bball alum started talking shit to eachother on instagram over him picking between the two.

Basically

1. North Carolina is always going to be a strong talent pool
  2. The absence of Jay Wright has opened up accesability to the DMV, Philly, and New Jersey/NYC recruiting markets (Unless Rutgers SetonHall or StJohns suddenly become world beaters).
  3. There will always be a Wisconsin kid on the roster at all times
  4. We will never recruit the rest of Virginia outside the DMV parts.
  5. Our roster will also always have one kid from the west.

Edit: also Strangely an okay Tennesee Presence on the roster. Dante Harris and Braxton Key. Darius Thompson

5 Likes

What about internationals?

2 Likes

Need a minimum of 3 international projects at all times

4 Likes

Who the project next year?

Edit: forgot about Taine. Feels like he’s been a Hoo since Kihei got there.

2 Likes

Kadin is still the project.

2 Likes

Meant foreign project.

Kadin is not a project we know exactly what the finished product is. Some are just slow to accept it.

3 Likes

I imagine this may be the closest Jason Rivera gets to that UVA offer (for those hoping for it. He’s solid. Dont know if he fits the needs of the staff but in wing army he would be the wing point guard with Elijah Gertude as the wing combo guard)

1 Like

This kid out of Wisconsin has been balling out. Saw Trent Markwith (good follow for recruiting. former hokie manager that @HoozGotNext likes a lot for recruiting scouting and scoops) tweet about him in the past and retweet this recently.

He’s been having a hell of a year and is shooting 40% from 3 on top of showing wiggle and bounce. This kid is more like Joe Harris whereas Kon Knueppel is more Sam Hauser/BVP. More fluid moving/quicker/bouncier. Joe Harris showed that in his high school tapes.

Has had a lot of big time performances (Tosa West Leon Bond’s rival HS and they have a 2025 5 star on their team. A few other big performances vs teams with good future D1 talent).

1 Like

The way he plays and glides reminds me of Brent Barry.

2 Likes

Think the kid is definitely a Power 5 player. He’s been averaging 30 pts a month on 40% 3pt shooting with athleticism and good defense.

Also see that he played in a wisconsin charity tournament and was on the same team as Leon Bond last year.

1 Like

Saw in the last few days Damarien Yates and Johnny Carpenter started following each other on twitter and Damarien also follows UVA basketball and like a BVP stache tweet.

On the radar —> We’ll check you out in the spring upgrade?

5 Likes