⛹ Elijah Gertrude - Official Thread

throw your Kenpom Torvik out the window for Elijah’s World

5 Likes

So my kids asked him Sunday and he looked around and said Go Hoos! thats when you know. Way better to not reveal I thought especially knowing he was announcing Virginia

Everyone in the gym that day came up to me and just said “congratulations”. Not gonna lie that felt good

44 Likes

I actually am looking forward to our next Jack Salt, defender, rebounder, blue collar worker because both Kadin and Papi will be gone in the next two years (likely for Shedrick). We have Blake whom may be that Mama-D type of athlete, but Jack Salt carved out ALOT of space, played position defense etc. along with getting a pointguard.

1 Like

Tipton > 247. I know live streaming can be hard but that was rough.

21 Likes

Wahoowa, I just got in and It’s a great day to be a Wahoo. I love this guy. He’s going to be exciting to watch. Im going to give a shout-out to Fresh for the great work he did. I believe Tony should hire you

11 Likes

I had no volume. missed it all other than the hat and shirt

2 Likes
13 Likes

Wont be able to make it so Im asking my question now @DFresh11 and you can answer it in the spaces (im sure ill relisten to it)

Is Gertrude more Devon Hall (secondary ball handler) or Justin Anderson (wing)?

1 Like

More Devon Hall but with JAs athleticism. Elijah is way more athletic than Devon. Devon proly tighter with his handles but not as quick with it as Elijah

I really think out NBA guys back in the summer are gonna really love playing with Eli

11 Likes

If Gertrude can add some more muscle and prove to be a consistent 3 point shooter (thinking around the 35% range) he’ll be a lottery pick by his 2nd or 3rd season. I’m willing to die on that hill. It might not be overly apparent his first year here which is why it’ll be important he trusts the process our staff lays out for him, but he has all the physical tools you’d want in a modern guard and is nowhere close to reaching his full potential yet. We got a special talent here and the perfect coaching staff to develop him.

10 Likes

I think three hours has to be some sort of record for a UVA board projecting a player as a future lottery pick

16 Likes

I love a Hoo with great judgment! U da man, Fresh! :clap: :clap: :clap:

4 Likes

Fresh , if you can pull this off another time or 2 Im going to put you on UVA’S Mount Rushmore.

5 Likes

Getrude will be the fourth best player uva has ever had. Behind Ralph, Ty, and Ryan Dunn

7 Likes

Oh man. Imma really work now

3 Likes

You might be right. I hope he is … but Wally Walker, Jeff Lamp, and Barry Parkhill say hello.

3 Likes

@HoozGotNext @DFresh11 Great discussion! Thanks for including us! :large_orange_diamond::crossed_swords::large_blue_diamond:

6 Likes

Lotta fun. love that stuff

Hoo?

Bryant Stith tells those guys to hold his beer

7 Likes