Enigmas Wrapped in Riddles (Languages & Cultural Differences Around the World)

what do you call the person that plays QB for both teams in back yard football?

@haney the online thing has always tilted me about New Yorkers.

@DFresh11 All time QB.

4 Likes

Same and same Dragon. Brother from another

2 Likes

We called it automatic QB. Which, as I think about it, sounds like a robot or something.

4 Likes

Thats what my friends from up here use. We were all time QBs. Maybe just call it the Armstrong now

3 Likes

Something tells me that @DavetheWave always wanted to be the all time QB all the time

1 Like

There must be a German word for realizing in your mid 40s that not everyone uses the same term for something, but rather was just an artifact of growing up in Jersey. @jazznutUVA :joy:

2 Likes

in Virginia and California it was all time QB.
And yes I did it plenty … nothing worse than running routes for noodle armed QB’s.

4 Likes

Dave just described Virginia football for a decade or so until the Mendenhall era.

3 Likes

My cousins in Massachusetts would call a milkshake a frappe (pronounced FRAP). That drove me crazy as a kid. I’ve never heard that anywhere else. What about you guys?

3 Likes

Thought it was a fancy Euro ice coffee

2 Likes

Joel Berry Laugh GIF by BabylonBee

2 Likes

hahahahha

I didn’t know people actually called soda pop until I moved to Ohio. Thought that was only some Happy Days and the Fonz type of stuff.

1 Like

These are the other ones I saw…

2 Likes

Little surprised by the syrup one. As far as Mary merry Marry the entire NE can go back to Canada.

2 Likes

The QB for my HS team my senior year’s nickname was “Pothead”… I’ll let you all guess on our record that year… without even hearing any guesses… yes, you are correct.

4 Likes

My mom… born and raised in Philly argues with my pronunciation of “cherry” all the time… says I don’t say it correctly.

1 Like

The only HS football stat I remember and am most proud of is my Sr. year we entered week 4 with 1k yards rushing and 100 yards passing. I don’t even remember what our record maybe 1-2.

1 Like

I was lucky to play with 2 great - very accurate QB’s in high school … made it worth running routes. I played TE, Split End, Slot, Wingback, and occasionally WR.
Lining up tight - made it so we could do reverses with pass options. Hard to defend when we had 3 guys on the field who could throw it.

1 Like