Fall Recruiting Action

Exactly! Once Justin retires he can be as dynamic a recruiter as Kyle Getter seems to be.

2 Likes

JA will go down as one of my all time favorite Hoos no matter who continues to come after him. I’d say he’s one of the most important recruits of the Tony Bennett era as well because it was a big time pull at the time and he’s been an incredible ambassador for the program ever since. Just completely bought in to everything UVA.

Bet we see him in an official coaching capacity after his playing days

16 Likes

Kentucky paper interviewed 247 and rivals writers to get their thoughts on Reed Sheppard.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-recruiting/article254212488.html

3 Likes

It’s interesting that the Kentucky paper says his only campus visit this past summer was to Indiana given he also visited UVa. And although the article is dated Sept. 14, it doesn’t mention Sheppard’s upcoming official visit to UVa. It’s almost as if they just don’t see Virginia being a major player for Sheppard.

2 Likes

I think they’re trying to speak, or rather not-speak, that into being the case.

I say hopefully.

1 Like

The summer visit was a stealth visit. Also he doesn’t mention the ohio state visit either. Dont think it has intention.

But remember that Justin originally was committed to Maryland until late May when Gary Williams quit his head coaching job at Maryland. But Justin quickly switched to UVa and said at the time that Virginia had always been a close no. 2.

3 Likes

Oh I remember it well. Probably an all time happy moment in following recruiting when I read that insider update that he would be decommitting and we were in play

Hey @Jerome since Justin was several years before your son, did you follow UVA that closely even then? Did you also follow other programs that closely, or were you and Ty keying in on UVa for years, up until Tony recruited him?

@Marktykobe for future reference @Gna2r

1 Like

Oh lol- thanks Dougie!..So @Jerome you can ignore my question.

1 Like

all good man

or run with that shit @Jerome Troll our guy a lil

4 Likes

Lol had the same thing happen on the Sabre. I can understand the mix up but I’m just a huge Ty Jerome fan. Favorite player in UVA history and that will never change

9 Likes

No arguments on that from me. Ty was is a complete killer and great dude

2 Likes

Have to remember it’s a Kentucky paper writing for an audience that is predominantly UK fans. So they know less than the recruiting sites and have less to gain by trying to present a nuanced account of the recruitment. Plus their non-UK readers are almost assuredly Louisville or Indiana fans.

1 Like

They may be surprised!

5 Likes

That’s Vandross in Philly for Edwards.

And Getter in Ohio for 2023 guard Lawrent Rice

3 Likes
1 Like