Fall Recruiting Action

Gabe Cupps looked so familiar and now I’m realizing he was likely a big Overtime/House of Highlights star when he was younger

2 Likes

Except it turns out he’s pretty good

3 Likes

yeah the Lebron thing made him famous. He has 300K followers on IG. NIL is gonna treat him very well.

3 Likes

Isn’t he also best friends with Bronnie James? (From the same event where McKneely played that team)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ6aI-us3sr/

1 Like

The exact video I would always see hahahaha

@Wahoowa12 noticed 247 finally updated their 2022 rankings

Leon Bond 43, Isaac Traudt 46, Isaac McKneely 52, Ryan Dunn 108 (just got a crystal ball to Virginia from 247 writer Dushawn London)

Bobi Klintman 111
Julian Phillips 20 (but we are probably getting ryan dunn so these are irrelevant).

9 Likes

I like that the 247 writer is 54/57 on his predicts including 26/26 for '22s. Most of his predicts are in the “3-4 days before, probably heard something” category (and I’m hoping that’s where Dunn is), but a decent number are 3-5 weeks out and he gets those too.

6 Likes

Not to jinx it, but feels like the Ryan Dunn commitment is basically a sure thing at this point. Matter of when, not if. Or at least things are trending that way at the moment.

1 Like

ACC seems to be struggling with the class of 2022 outside of Duke, UNC and UVA. Bunch of other schools from other conferences are eating up the top 100 recruits, but very few ACC schools to be seen. Still a ton of guys deciding, so I’m sure there will be some changes, but not great so far.

4 Likes

The ACC has been on a downward trajectory in basketball for a while now. The top level teams have masked it a bit but the middle class has gotten so so much worse

8 Likes

Yeah, I am honestly somewhat worried about the future of the conference. The big name coaches are retiring, the bottom of the conference has been awful, and the middle has been trending down like you said. And the big name young coaches are getting poached by the SEC and BIG, which have more money to spend thanks to their TV contracts. Plus NIL is going to disproportionately help them. Hopefully it’s temporary, but it does give me a little heartburn.

2 Likes

Definitely see this with FSU. Heard they have missed on a lot of recruits. Feels like ‘22 is a wash if they don’t get Phillips (still wish we had a shot there lol!)

1 Like

Mood rn

Anthony Guy Bennett you’ve done it again

4 Likes

I do secretly hope (almost impossible) that Julian Phillips waits until the spring to decide at which we have Jayden and Armaan leave after leading us to a top 4 finish/acc title of some regard and a sweet 16. Would have starting spots open.

3 Likes

Depending on if Dunn commits before Duke, Kansas, or Ohio State get any more guys, We could have the number 1 recruiting class on 24/7 in the country (for a bit at least lol)

5 Likes

Yea best we can hope for is the UVA/UNC/Duke/Louisville/FSU group produces elite teams at the top. I fear the days of the ACC having outstanding depth are gone. At least on a consistent basis.

1 Like

Would definitely be cool. Although I think Kentucky is about to he blow doors off of that recruiting class. Hopefully they’re mediocre again, but with NIL, will be interesting to see just how much of an all star squad they can assemble going forward and how it performs.

1 Like

Gotta start to wonder if Hamilton is next on the retirement bandwagon. While the Duke/UNC replacements are more high profile, the FSU one could be more high stakes.

6 Likes

Nevermind, the dream is dead. If we get Dunn we’d now be #2 behind UNC now that they have Nickel

4 Likes

RIP the dream of very briefly having the #1 recruiting class. It was a fun ~90 minutes.

6 Likes