Fall Recruiting Action

Yeah more guard like. Hunter was a 4 who can play the three. Leon Bond is a 3 who can play the 4. Dunn is a 3 who can play some 2 but also some 4 in a small,small ball line up.

Definitely. I do think Bobi has something over Hunter and that is playmaking ability. Really solid passer from what the footage provides.

2 Likes

A Culver who can shoot would be a top 5 NBA pick. If Dunn has that potential let’s get him.

Does Bobi project as someone that could play small ball 4 or 5 after he’s bulked up? Haven’t seen enough of him to know whether he has that sort of rim protecting athleticism that we’ll likely need next to Traudt.

Think that’s the type of thing they’ll be looking for when they finally watch Klintman in person. Don’t know that Tony Bennett himself could confidently answer that question until Bobi starts playing some decent competition.

1 Like

Yeah good point. If he does prove to be that type of player then that’s who I hope they round out the class with. Dunn is nice but he projects more as a guard than a small ball big so he’s more of a luxury than anything else.

Agreed. His passing looks very good in some of his clips. Would also say that his three point stroke looks a little bit more natural/smooth at this stage than Hunter’s did. But I don’t know how that translates to percentages with no numbers available. Although if I’m remembering right neither he nor Hunter is/was particularly quick at getting the three off.

1 Like

Should we remember that Hunter shut down Culver in the '19 NC game?

2 Likes

Did you forget the spin move culver put on Dre to take the lead late in the game… a play where almost everyone says… damn… same old uva… as fate would have it… Dre would hit that bucket to go to OT which was when everyone dropped a f-bomb in the face of fate…

1 Like

Imma differ some here. I think Culver was off. And he got Dre on that late game drive that maybe tied it? Great individual move by Culver but yes our Dre shined the most

6 Likes

Culver has been pretty bad in the NBA too. He just can’t shoot. Dre was behind Culver in the mock drafts before that game but that performance changed everyone’s perspective. Dre made himself a lot of money with how he played in the Natty

7 Likes

Man no doubt there. Dre went off for all of us ha

6 Likes

I think the most underrated play was Braxtons block on the last shot. I also think the shot wasnt going in

13 Likes

As I have said in other threads … Braxton made a key block to ensure that we went to OT… the uva fan in me also says that shot would of gone in but then I think that if that were true fate then they would of called a a foul on Key instead of a clean block…

4 Likes

Can we all just rewatch the Fing game together

12 Likes

Sheppard is not 1A to anyone! Period! He will be as heavily recruited or more heavily than any recent prospect.

7 Likes

Reed … UVA is prioritizing a KY legacy. If we pull this recruit then all bets are off.

1 Like

March Madness has it on YouTube. I’ve watched it though multiple times. Braxton was the low-key MVP. The block was huge but his defense and rebounding were key.

10 Likes

I still have Purdue/Auburn/Texas Tech on my DVR!

12 Likes

Same here

1 Like

Me too!

1 Like