Fall Recruiting Continued

If they sink to the bottom there’s your first clue something’s up

5 Likes

oh yeah definitely

10 Likes

FYI, back in the day, before Rt 29 became so developed, we’d slip up to the Rivanna River, below the dam, and fish for smallmouths in the evenings. Also, a quick trip out Barracks Rd (a little past White Hall) gets you to the Moormans River and some nice trout fishing. Let’s be a little bit more careful about stereotypes, too. Most of my fishing buddies are professionals (doctors, lawyers, bankers, etc.), and not a few of them took their degrees from Virginia, too.

4 Likes

Gertrude highlights from fall league game from what Im assuming was Today (or yesterday)

7 Likes

Oh my lord

5 Likes

Yessir!!

5 Likes

Casually banging a 3 immediately followed by a soaring dunk :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

6 Likes

Get used to it. He is just scratching the surface

12 Likes

We’ve got a family friend who is on the fishing team at Auburn. Honestly, until he went, I had no idea that there really was a fishing team. But apparently the competition is pretty hardcore. His father drives down there every tournament. And you think Virginia’s offense is difficult to watch. Try sitting for eight hours waiting for a boat to come back to shore.

12 Likes

Am sure it is impressive but I would be like “junior you are on your own”. Kudos to his dad

5 Likes

I have been fishing all my life. Practically grew up on the James River. However, I have never understood the hardcore competitive fishing tournaments. I’ve belonged to clubs that did catch’n’release tournaments which were little more than an excuse to go fishing together. No prizes involved. This other stuff escapes me.

4 Likes

Very nice! I think Gertrude has a wee bit of potential! :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

Hard to beat fishing the James and Chesapeake Bay. I live down in Hampton Roads, have fished salt and freshwater and love it, but just can’t get into tournament fishing. Defeats the whole purpose of fishing for me, which is to relax and have no children yelling for me.

7 Likes

2 Likes

867-5309 :grinning:

1 Like

Always thought it was 8675-309 personally

7 Likes

Incorrect

Your’e proly too young and never heard the song

All about the cadence in the lyrics

2 Likes

I saw that! Kidding

I didn’t know how to type a “9” with two syllables! :laughing: