Florida State Preview and Game Thread

Casey can take it to the hole

Wow. Great no call. Not.

Gonna be a long night.

1 Like

I think we could use some more inside plays and pick and rolls to really start up the offense.

Yeah this one is cooked

1 Like

I called it first!

2 Likes

Without looking, I’d guess FSU is the team we’ve had the most trouble with over the past 6-7 years. Them and Duke.

1 Like

Forced to live by them 3… that’s not going to go well

1 Like

Always tough to run any “sets” against FSU. It’s why UVA struggles. They force you to make individual plays. Huge weakness for this team.

2 Likes

No more Jay dribbling in from the perimeter, please. To be fair, that’s the only time the ball comes within 20 feet of the basket in this offense we’re running.

1 Like

Their intensity is on :100::100:

1 Like

Totally, the problem is we aren’t getting enough plays inside the arch and it’s causing troubles when we start missing 3’s. Especially against a really good defense in FSU.

1 Like

Not to be a refs guy, but that no call on the Trey dunk attempt was heinous.

1 Like

We just don’t have guys, at least who play, that can go get theirs. Will take elite defense and limited turnovers.

We should be playing a zone against FSU. Our defense is playing right in to their hands. They’re taller than us at every spot. They’re taking us one-on-one. We’re passing up average shots, in search of better shots, and we’re going to have to take the average shot. If Clark isn’t even going to look to shoot, that’s not good. Beekman never looks to shoot.

I wish Tony would jump down refs throats but that’s not him

This is the type of opponent where our guard recruiting struggles from 17-19 kills us

5 Likes

More Trey, No Jay dribbling.

I don’t think the refs are the problem, are they?

Yep, they switch everything and dare you to drive it and finish against their length. Paradoxically, you need to be patient once you get into the lane against them.