Fox News and BA

Laura Ingraham on Fox News just gave a shout out to Brennan Armstrong and wished him a speedy recovery… Wow

She said he broke 3 ribs …

3 Likes

I almost fell out of my chair… It happened around 10:58 pm tonight just before she signed off.

2 Likes

You could’ve given me 100 guesses to figure out who was going to break the Brennan Armstrong injury news, and there is zero chance I would’ve picked Laura Ingraham.

Not great…

5 Likes

I couldnt believe it. She talked about his character apologizing to his team mates on the sideline after he came off the field.

1 Like

That is… not how I expected that to go.

Not surprised by the broken ribs, but there you go. I guess its good he’s getting some media attention.

Oh, the “shut up and dribble” lady :roll_eyes:. Screw her and Fox News.

14 Likes

It was very complimentary and she wished him a speedy recovery …

2 Likes

Tracked down a video of the segment & recorded it, if anyone wants to watch in full:
https://twitter.com/BenWieland/status/1455378305457303554?s=20

3 Likes

Second that.

6 Likes

Shocked that she was the one with the scoop… She did get her law degree from UVA, though so I guess is a fan? I don’t know and truly don’t care one iota about her but do wish the best for BA.

4 Likes

Ahhh … Did not know that. That might explain it. Props to her for giving props to our QB …

3 Likes

I’m gonna guess that’s not an officially sourced statement. The rumor going around with a few well placed Hoos is no beak, could be ready by ND, will wear flack jacket.

4 Likes

One broken rib and “hopeful” he’ll be ready for ND.

Source: way closer than Laura Ingraham’s

12 Likes

I know as a competitor BA will want to play against ND but it makes no sense to let them tee off in what isn’t as meaningful of a game as Pitt and VT.

Getting into that tricky position. On a personal level BA has a ton to play for, there’s legit Heisman hype along with other national and conference awards and records he’s in contention for. Finishing strong and with some massive numbers could go a long way in creating/elevating a draft stock that honestly didn’t exist last year this time. Difficult choice. If it’s a broken rib that’s dangerous but can be managed with a jacket and they have some additional 3D printing/customizable padding they can place on him. He can also take a shot before the game that can help numb the pain, it will come down to how much pain can he handle and can he move and rotate well enough to continue to make throws.

4 Likes

It sound like you know a bit about the injury. How will it affect his throwing motion, specifically his ability to twist his body fully while stepping into throws?

2 Likes

Broke 2 ribs once before and had to play with them. Had a few bruised one over the years as well. It’s going to be awful for him. I wouldn’t be surprised if he struggles to get full rotation which will affect the deep ball for sure. BA also has a bit of a long wind up which probably puts more tork on his torso and he will feel that. But honestly the hardest part will be breathing. When you have broken ribs it’s hard to get a full deep breath, the expanding of the rib cage is when it hurts. So if he’s on the field for a bit and is trying to bark out plays and audibles could be hard.

3 Likes

As someone who cracked a rib drunkenly falling off a couch in college, I could never imagine playing a football game with one

4 Likes

Broken (or bruised) ribs are crazy painful. Props to BA as a competitor if he toughs it out and plays through it. Wouldn’t blame them for resting him against ND at all, but I have a hunch that if he wants to play, he’ll play.

3 Likes

Laura Ingraham lies constantly so maybe this is good news?

12 Likes