Full Octane Fall Recruiting

Cofie just visited, Kon is upon us… '25 official & unofficials all over the place… let the craziness of Fall Recruiting begin!

15 Likes

Did anyone think to organize a helicopter tour of Grounds today with special messaging on the roof of JPJ? Feel like that worked once.

11 Likes

Is Kon our biggest recruit since Ralph?

5 Likes

People think the end goal is to win the national title. The end goal is to land Kon Knueppel, and winning the national title helps us along the path to doing so.

27 Likes

As far as rankings go, idk, but I feel like he’s the most important. At least to ME!

4 Likes

No. Jack Salt was much bigger.

14 Likes

The REAL question. Papi was taller, but Salt was bigger, right?

2 Likes

Maybe. Cory?

If anyone, I suspect it would be Majestic Mapp although Tom Sheehey was very highly regarded as was Cory Alexander and Willie Dersch. That said, aside from Mapp, those others were before the various internet services were ranking prospects.

3 Likes

Not many basketball players built like Jack. Probably a stretch at his height but wonder how he would’ve done as an OT

2 Likes

They weren’t internet-based, of course, but if you scroll through the old ACC Handbooks that someone was offering recently, I think you’ll find that there were rank orderings of prospects going back to the 1980s. The Sporting News handbooks also had ranks. For example, Bryant Stith was ranked in the top 80 or so. Junior Burrough was generally top 25 in the year that Cory was top 15. Courtney Alexander was Top 50. Nolan and Staples were consensus Top 40 or so.

2 Likes

UVA after we land Kon Knueppel

4 Likes

Way too much optimism. How can this blow up in our faces?

1 Like

Cory was easy. Believe it or not

Funny cause me and Willie Dersch were supposed to meet up after work today for beeras

5 Likes

When you see him please tell him I said hello. Haven’t talked to him in a long time.

2 Likes

Gibbons was doing rankings, and there were McDonald’s All-Americans.

1 Like

Being too optimistic is part of what makes being a fan fun

1 Like

Yessir. Texting him now

3 Likes

His dunk in the Dean Dome during our first win there was just awesome. I had great seats for that game. Incredible how quiet that place was that Saturday afternoon.

4 Likes