General UVA Basketball Thread (December)

Yes this is the move. Reece’s health is more important in the long run vs aggravating it vs JMU.

Reece gets his rest. Kihadists get a moral victory if Kihei wins us the JMU game with Reece out and get to yell their rally cry of “People wanted him gone but he’s winning us games/retire his jersey/greatest to ever do it”. And if we lose to JMU Kihaters will get to revel in their “He’s short and he overdribbles” narrative. And @DavetheWave will bask in the joy of posting the defensive efficiency stats post game showing Kihei dead last or something like that

12 Likes

Kihadist is so good wow

6 Likes

I’m a Kihadist. Someone make it a meme

5 Likes

This is @Serum114 ’s Super Bowl

2 Likes

I was about to type something funny, and I decided not to touch this one. :joy:

I like to keep my blasphemy contained to my own religion

2 Likes

Not going to join us on the Kihaj?

3 Likes

If sitting him Tuesday would help enough to matter they would’ve sat him today. He plays.

5 Likes

It was Tony’s ACC opener streak on the table.

That’s when he secretly shows the team pre-game the hidden 6th pillar titled “I need this dub by any means”

2 Likes

Also would force IMac and Dunn to be more aggressive defensively

1 Like

Ryan Dunn is the light and truth

1 Like

I’m on team sit. And, whatever any of us felt about Kihei coming back, Reece’s ankle demonstrates what we all know intuitively: You have to have a backup PG. Having one with Kihei’s experience and talent is absolutely huge.

6 Likes

JMU is one of the best teams on our schedule this year … they are probably the best offensive team we’ll face all season.
JMU
ORtg: 121.2 (5th of 363)

DRtg: 84.0 (18th of 363)

2 Likes

I bask in the joy of winning…
Do I wish we were taller and more athletic? Yes… no basking in showing data that our short starting 5 struggles on both ends vs length

1 Like

Lies, Damn Lies, & Statistics! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Hmmmm interesting. I’m worried about the JMU after today, but this must be where the analytics gives a false idea about the team we’re playing. You think JMU is gonna be a better offensive team than Baylor and Illinois? I doubt it, and I don’t care what the numbers say.

2 Likes

Take them lightly at your own risk … they are better than last year

1 Like

I hear that, and respect it.
We’re better than last year too. A lot.

2 Likes

JMU has 4 guys shooting threes at 50% or better… and another guy at 47%

1 Like

Yeah, they will be tough to beat for sure. Especially because it seems like we have a tough job at times contesting the three ball.
Who is JMU’s best win?

Dunn believers rise up

4 Likes