General UVA basketball Thread November

Not sure how I feel about Traudt redshirting. In Tony we trust and all that, so maybe he’s too far behind on defense to see the floor this year? If he’s willing to do it and completely on board, then okay. But I kinda wish he was getting some live game time to actually work on his defense in blowouts like tonight.

Ankle injury most likely

2 Likes

I mean it was Traudt who suggested it. If he’s cool with it I think it’s totally fine imo.

4 Likes

Through 2 games now. It’s official, Ryan Dunn is the next Jay Huff. Absolute BPM monster

5 Likes

Yep, saw that now, me too.

1 Like

@rushdacote well, I guess I owe you on this:

2 Likes

I really like having depth. Both the NCCU and Monmouth games would have looked different last year with Gardner struggling. Hopefully Gardner can losen up over the next few games and then we’ll really be cooking.

One other observation, we need to make sure that Hunter Dicksinson isn’t going to eat BVP alive inside, look at those stats from last night

6 Likes

The depth and versatility are the biggest takeaways for me. Totally agree last 2 seasons with the limited options both those games look different.

Also not having Papi made me realize how necessary he is. Gets real thin when Shed is the only option as a rim protector could be trouble agaisnt a team witj actual size

8 Likes

Seeing Dunn hit a three is big. I know he had no confidence in that shot earlier. Even without the three ball he brings a lot of skills to the table but being able to hit that shot opens up a lot for him.

McKneely is who I thought he was and that’s pretty great.

Kihei is so much more comfortable out there when he doesn’t feel like he has to put the team on his shoulders.

A healthy Franklin is a really good player.

I’m trying to compartmentalize the Traudt news as something that isn’t ominous.

13 Likes

The Traudt move is a mistake: plain and simple. I don’t care who made the decision, it makes no sense at all.

Thrilled with McKneely and Dunn though. Sheesh. We’re on the way to the top folks.

1 Like

Is Traudt officially redshirting or is he just injured?

Edit: nvm I see it. Huge mistake.

4 Likes

Dear Mr. Traudt

If you’re scared buy a dog.

Sincerely
The Beast your mama warned you about
Aka BDRAGON

3 Likes

Fwiw Jacquie on 247 said not ankle related. His choice. More about adjustment to college , defense, and massive role next year.

5 Likes

And then this posted in the other thread.

1 Like

Looking ahead to Mon, Richmond beat N Iowa last night 68-55. UNI was 3-22 from 3. No idea how good Richmond is supposed to be this year.

1 Like

Hopefully we lock down the perimeter defense. I’m hoping for more reps for McKneely and Dunn to get used to the perimeter D.

Also it would be great for Shedrick and Gardner to have big games.

4 Likes

And in case anyone has not seen

4 Likes

This is why Virginia is the MOST UNDERRATED team in college basketball! | Field of 68

8 Likes

We were literally preseason top 5 the Hauser season. People have just totally memory holed that year because of McKoy’s Covid bout

8 Likes

Interesting. So the plan was to play Traudt vs Monmouth and instead he made the decision to redshirt.

Dont think it’s ominous. Even if we look at worst case scenario of transferring out why would he redshirt instead of just playing for a year and then going to Creighton for 3. Im not worried.
Also because I messaged him on instagram about volunteering at the summer camp I worked at for 4 summers while at UVA (Camp Holiday Trails) about volunteering for the Diabetes kids camp session and he said he would be down.

18 Likes