General UVA basketball Thread November

I get it… but he had exhausted his eligibility and went undrafted… however I’m not sure he wouldn’t have come back for another year if he had the option…

2 Likes

Yeah I’m not saying there’s not a place for Beekman in the league. There is. Just saying it’s hard to find a guy with his profile who has been drafted. Let alone drafted in the first

1 Like

If we win 24+ games and make the Elite Eight or Final Four, Reece is gone. If we’ve played well enough for that, it means Reece has been excellent + tourney exposure.

Worst case is we totally dominate regular season, Reece gets his midrange going, and we go out early in March.

5 Likes

Narratives build around a player that get them drafted early. Seems to happen a lot with guards.

Reece can build that Jason Preston splashed with Herb Jones narrative.

1 Like

Whatever he does, I hope he figures it out early. We will have a hard time in the portal for a quality PG if there is likelihood that Reece will be back. OTOH, if he wishy washying late in the game, the guys who might have been delighted to lead this team may have already decided on another place.

2 Likes

Why can’t Reece just be Davion Mitchell and go top-ten next year

3 Likes

Does the Jevon Carter profile fit Reece? Damn good defensive minded PG from WVa that played 4 years and got drafted 32nd overall.

3 Likes

Continental Tire Part 1 – vs. Baylor – Cuts from The Corner: UVA Hoops Musings

Anyone share this yet? Didn’t see it.

9 Likes

Cuts is a Dunn fanboy, too! Yes, many of us noticed that George was scared to test Dunn. Better to save that kind of beatdown for after you sign your rookie contract…

1 Like

Cuts is thorough as all get out and puts tons of work into this but he is exactly wrong that Dunn should have been in when Baylor had their sorta almost kinda comeback

I agree - we never should’ve taken him out so there wouldn’t have been a comeback in the first place. (I’m kidding, I’m kidding)

2 Likes

Another nice film-room session with Cuts. I like the shoutout for lineup diversity. We’ve all seen how Tony seemed particularly fired up for this season and I’m thinking this is a big part of it, he finally gets to play chess with his lineups, after last year when he had almost no flexibility at all.

6 Likes

Not really sure how good WVU and Wisco are gonna be

Not sure how much each of them will
play but we could see Gertrude vs Gus Bus

7 Likes

Great field. And Fort Myers is a cool place. Hopefully, they’ll have recovered from the effects of Ian by then and won’t get hit with another Hurricane next year.

2 Likes

I heard Fresh comment after the game about this week. Grounds will be deserted. More so, this year with the cancellation of the football game. Nobody will be back early except a few graduate students.

For 20 young men, the food situation will be weird. Even if the food is similar to traditional fare, it’s not the same taste. This not Aunt Sues cranberries, not what I have eaten for 18 years.

As diversified as the team is, there are dozens of missing dishes and new dishes to be tried.

4 Likes

We used to do Thanksgiving at Graves Mountain. Mr Graves always put on a complete show. Was amazing

8 Likes

Just talked about GML with my mother in law at our early T-giving feast last night. Fond memories of it all around

5 Likes

Special place run by great people

2 Likes

Thanks so much for responding. I imagine that meal was special. Was there a TN dish that you missed? Was there a traditional VA dish that you first tasted at Graves?

1 Like

Mr Graves steaks were just amazing and never ending. Would eat 3-4 at one sitting in college

Best part in Tennessee are all the sides. My sisters mother in law is an amazing southern food cook. Fried okra, sweet potatoes, stuffing and gravy. Goes on and on. Casseroles for days with unidentified things in em!

4 Likes