Generic NCAA Tourney Bubble Watch

Yup. Best strategy seems to be to root for the non-power-conference teams to drop bad games because it murders their resume (that said, WCC actually is good enough this year not all the losses are bad). Even though a lot of those teams will likely make it as auto-bids anyway, helps to prevent bid-stealing were they to be upset in their conference tournaments.

2 Likes

Assuming we stay on the bubble as we get into March, we will be very interested in some mid major conference tournaments.

3 Likes

I halfway want us to be as on the edge of the bubble as possible, just to see if we get a name recognition boost

7 Likes

Syracuse has been doing that for years

2 Likes

Boeheim bought a lifetime pass.

A couple more to Portland will do the trick!

Michigan up big on Purdue. They leap frog us with an upset.

Been a bad week for our bubble hopes.

1 Like

At least Stanford and Washington St both lost tonight.

Well we won at Duke this week which was needed to even give us bubble hope.

10 Likes

Been a bad week “post-Monday”.

2 Likes

I’m not worrying about other teams. We don’t need help. If we win the rest of our games, we’re in. JWilly said essentially the same thing last night: It’s in our hands.

Yes, it’s a tall task. But if we play the way we’ve played the last three games, it’s possible.

3 Likes

Looking at different projections more while watching the Olympics we might not even need to worry about other leagues that much tbh. Might just need to jump Miami and UNC. I’ll believe the committee takes fewer than 4 ACC teams when I see it happen.

4 Likes

6 more wins, including the ACCT

mando-way-this-is-the-way

*(or 5 if they somehow get a double bye)

12 Likes

Not to overreact too much to tonight but how does NIT selection actually work? Do they have their own committee? Is criteria to get the next 32 teams or do they finagle things to get bigger programs in?

I think 3-1 and an acc tourney win gets us in

I’m guessing we’d need 2 ACC tourney wins in that case.

1 Like

Gotta beat Duke now

3 Likes

A sweep of Duke would go a long way. I have very little confidence that we can pull it off though.

Gonna need to win 5 more, however you do it. Odds got longer by dropping this one for sure but only because it’s a missed opportunity in the first of likely four quad 1 games left.

7 Likes