Have we done our own Mt Rushmore thread?

I don’t remember it so here’s mine.
Ralph
Bryant Stith
Brogdon
Kyle Guy
Junior Burrough
JWilly convinced me on Junior. I picked Kyle because he was MOP of Final Four but it’s splitting hairs between Kyle, Ty and Dre.

4 Likes

Buzzy
Ralph
Stith
Brogdon
Dre

Feel like there’s a pretty big gap between the first 4 and everybody else for me. Others considered were William Strickling, Parkhill, Walker, Lamp, Burrough, Staples, Singletary, and then Ty & Kyle.

Dre’s 27 pts along with the game tying and go ahead threes put him over the top for me.

3 Likes

There’s only 4 on Rushmore right?

4 Likes

D Fresh gives us 5

2 Likes

Respect the young guy @brogdonfanpage putting Buzzy on there. It got me pulling up the old stats. Buzzy put up 28 shots per game one season, 28!!! lol Dang. James Harden only took 22 per this year.

4 Likes

Different brand of ball, him and Bob McCarty were two of the og shooters from what I’ve read. Considering he played only 3 yrs of varsity ball, the numbers are ridiculous.

2 Likes

Love these guys. No wrong answers and we can debate all day long for sure

2 Likes

I would only argue Ralph and Bryant should be there but am cool with everyones Mt Rushmore

2 Likes

28 per? That’s sick!

3 Likes

people forget how many points dudes could average back in the day. Pistol Pete anyone? assume all the offense ran through Buzzy. absolute Legend

3 Likes

I wasn’t gonna pick anybody I never saw, so it was players from about 82 and on.

No doubt remember reading pistol pete woulda avg like 45 a game at LSU if the 3pt line was around

1 Like

Jerome
Guy
Dre
Mamadi
Tony

2 Likes

Ralph and Bryant have to be there. No question. The other 2 are personal preference and you can make a good argument for several guys. I feel a lot of fans sleep on Bryant, especially if they didn’t see him play. He was so good. Just watch the end of that Notre Dame game.

1 Like

yes. but… which Notre Dame game?

2 Likes

Hard to argue with @DurtyNellys picks. I’d probably replace Guy with Jerome, but then again I might go with Hunter.

After doing the Rushmore thing, how about trying cash? There are enough bills and coins to spread around between the very best and personal favorites. Hoo gets their portrait on the front? What images, moments, whatever go on the back?

1 Like

Ralph
Brogdon
Stith
Guy
Jerome

First three are no brainer locks. If we only had 4 slots, Guy vs Jerome is the tough call but we get 5, so easy.

1 Like

Great point…was thinking of the 19 straight point game in 91…but he had some other great ones against ND. That 92 NIT final is a game etched in my memory too.

1 Like

Ralph
Stith
Brogdon
Hunter
Scott

1 Like

Love the takes. I got:
Ralph
Bryant
Brogdon
As locks after that i think Junior and Ty get the nod but Kyle, Corey deserve consideration