He gone thread

Honest opinion of Payne: it’s way too early to draw any conclusions, but the early recruiting returns are really bad. He is playing this season without a backcourt, despite the quick wins available in the portal. He seems to be losing Wagner. He said something mind-bottling to reporters: he was surprised at the negative recruiting from people who he considered friends (me: “really? I hope you’re lying about that, Kenny, and not honestly that naïve.”)

We shall see what he can do on the court and in the next recruiting cycle.

Right? It was a bad scheme, implemented poorly, by guys who didn’t seem to care much one way or the other. Not a great start.

In keeping with this thread, let’s go with … Kenny Payne lies on the riverside (because the Louisville AD whacked him, get it?). Also, whoa, there are no Live gifs. No Ed Kowalczyk. No Throwing Copper. We really are the middle children of history.

2 Likes

I’m going to go out on a limb and say every player that ever attends BigTyme Sports Prep (TX) is already way gone.

3 Likes

Every player who doesn’t attend high school in the Nebraska exurbs or Milwaukee suburbs is gone

3 Likes

Like the spice?

1 Like

Big Thyme, like Big Tobacco

2 Likes

I always suspected my mother of being part of a global corporate conspiracy to get me to eat vegetables. Now I know it’s true.

4 Likes

I’m trying to figure this out: Is “gone” the new “went”? Old farts want to know!

2 Likes