Hoos Football Season 2022: A New Era

Twas brilig?

And the slithy tothes,
did gyre and gimble in the wabe

1 Like

O’neils. Jaberwaks became Poes which is something else now. Wasn’t it named like plan 3 or something

somethin about the barygroves

gire and gimble in the wanes didnt they

1 Like

All mimsy were the borogroves,
And the momerathes outgrabe.

Beware the Jabberwock, my son,
With jaws the bite and claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird and shun the fruminous Bandersnatch.

I loved that poem. Read it a million times as. Kid, and one day in 8th grade I gradually remembered it and wrote it down at school. And it’s been in my head ever ainceZ

1 Like

We had to memorise for 11th grade so you way ahead of me but I can still recite most.

although Two roads diverged in the yellow wood and being one traveler long I stood…

2 Likes

How committed am I to the new era? Jist got tickets to the GT game first in person experience in 6 yrs

7 Likes

ESPN hands UVa the superlative for easiest P5 schedule.

8 Likes

Well this sucks. WR room is pretty stacked - so might not impact the team too negatively right away - but feel for the kid. Season ending knee injury.

4 Likes

Yea never want to see that. But judging by TEs comments a large immediate role was not planned anyways

4 Likes

My real question is how did we garner 3 forest place votes in the preseason ACC poll?

I may be optimistic, but not that optimistic!

2 Likes

I’m gonna guess it’s mostly related to this, haha:

Also, it’s the Coastal. You’d have better luck accurately picking the winner using a dartboard than reasoned analysis.

2 Likes

Hopefully he can have a similar route to Wicks. Battled through injury troubles early on here, but then recovered and fully lived up to his potential once he was 100%.

1 Like

Vandy got a first place vote in the sec let that sink in

1 Like

The Coastal where everyone gets a turn. I’m won’t miss the division system but the coastal was a rare kind of cluster f#ck treat

1 Like

I loved Coastal Chaos. While I realize it hurt the ACC as a whole given that none of our teams could play consistently well, in a sport defined by massive disparities between the top and bottom and the same teams routinely winning things every year, it was fun having something so wide open and unpredictable.

3 Likes

I’d be willing to wager that each of 7 different teams winning the division in a 7 year period (where the division has only 7 teams and they do not change over that 7 year period) has never happened in any sport and will never happen again in any sports league anywhere in the world.

7 Likes

You gotta be right. Funny how leagues and fans want parity but in truth the coastal is what parity looks like and it ain’t pretty

4 Likes

Well I enjoyed it! Was nice to have one crazy corner of college football.

2 Likes

I feel like fans don’t really want parity. They want the illusion of parity so they can have hope. And then what really drives big fan bases is relentless winning, so you somehow need the combination of a few teams pummeling everyone else while… I guess the media, maybe, tells everyone else that “maybe this will be your year” to keep them invested.

Edit - Hmm, that’s close, but not quite it. Maybe… if you’re a UVA fan, you want parity so there’s hope for UVA every year. But if you’re just a college sports fan in general looking for a team to root for, you’ll probably gravitate towards a Bama or ■■■■ who seems to be relevant and interesting every single year.

4 Likes