Hoos Going Pro 2021-22 NBA Season

People are going to be surprised on the return he fetches

2 Likes

I think Mark Titus said it best: Ben Simmons doesn’t like basketball. He just likes the lifestyle it affords him.

3 Likes

I think @norfolk_hoo is right. Someone is going to pay a good amount to get Simmons in.

Wall still had some perceivable tred on the tires, Gilbert was offloaded for pretty much nothing, and Orlando was hoping that maybe he’d recover from the knee and bounce back, but he wasn’t able to.

2 Likes

And the plot thickens https://twitter.com/LandonBuford/status/1450501315885506564?s=20

1 Like

Thing I always enjoyed about Simmons was how NBA fans (I am one too, but referring to the type who feel the need to constantly denigrate college ball) brushed aside all the red flags from his year in college. They often said “Well he didn’t want to be in college, and it’s ridiculous he was forced to be, so it means nothing that he put in almost no effort and was completely checked out.” If he didn’t want to go to college, he could have played in the NBL in his home country or played in Europe instead instead of spending some weird misery year at LSU. Also, even if you’d rather be in the pros, not caring about your team or the season you’re playing in - at any level - is a huge red flag to me (honestly so is failing to have fun in one year at LSU with no academic pressure, but that’s a different thing entirely) But anyway, here we are.

9 Likes

Always thought it spoke well of Zion that he never seemed to waiver about coming back.

Just realizing I’ve said a lot of nice things about Duke today. For the record, they’re the worst.

5 Likes
6 Likes

I’ll be paying the most attention to the Sixers-Pelicans game at 8, because I’m a Sixers fan and seeing Trey play is probably the most exciting debut for me given how good he looked in preseason/summer league. Brogdon in IND’s opener is a close second.

5 Likes

Ia Hauser actually on the Celtics nba roster? I didn’t realize that.

As long as Trey doesn’t get on rhe Zion diet he will be inline for big things

3 Likes

Latest reporting from New Orleans says that Zion’s up above 300 pounds. I don’t care how much of a physical outlier you are, there’s no way 6’7, 300+ pounds is a healthy NBA playing weight.

5 Likes

300? That’s no good. Always said it Zion and I have similar body types and it’s easy to pack on weight and it’s hell on the joints etc. I was in my mid to late 20s before I started to dabble at the 300lb mark and never performed at a quality athletic level at it. Given his knee and foot issues already he’s gonna struggle to remain healthy at that weight.

4 Likes

Lil B (no official nickname yet) please dont include yourself yet as an digenerate. Thats reserved for old dudes like some/ most of us. You are one the guys we need to save the world B

7 Likes
1 Like

I have no idea how he keeps getting hired. Amazing player. Horrible coach. Of course it’s just one game early in the season, but it sure doesn’t help the narrative lol.

1 Like

Hunter played a great defensive game on Doncic tonight. Looked fantastic.

That said, I’m not a huge fan of how they use him on offense (although might just be game plan for this game). They don’t run anything for him. He’s just standing on the wing while Young, Capella, and Collins run stuff. So he either is just asked to hit an open three or he gets the ball and just has to create on his own. He did ok with that - hit two nice deep twos off the dribble - but wish he were moving a bit more off ball and more involved in their actions. I also don’t know what I’m talking about though.

3 Likes

It’s a long season lol. They sometimes switch who gets emphasized. Also Hunter is still easing his way from his injury.

4 Likes

Yeah I wondered about that in preseason.

I don’t understand how he’s behind Mann based on ability. Mann screams G-League.

1 Like

I didn’t watch, but Vecenie agrees:
https://twitter.com/sam_vecenie/status/1451353755706822665?s=21

3 Likes

Oh yeah, I should clarify, I’m not really worried at all. Really just a comment on this game. I’m sure he’ll be more than fine and they’ll get him going.

1 Like

How did you not see the Jason Kidd suck in Milwaukee and think he would be a upgrade over Carlisle. I think they needed a new direction but don’t pick a direction that sucks haha

1 Like