Hoos Going Pro 2021-22 NBA Season

Jeez, Trey Murphy looks awesome so far.

5 Likes

Thats some elite shooting.

Elite from three. I think he was 1 of 6 from two.Wonder what kind of shots he was missing.

I put together a supercut of all of Trey’s shot attempts. His misses from 2 were mostly finishes at the rim/tip-ins. He missed a few semi-contested layups he could’ve had, missed a tip-in, got blocked once under the basket. Nothing all that concerning. His quick trigger from three is definitely my biggest takeaway from this game for Trey.

11 Likes

Interesting that they gave him the ball at the end there and just told him to go hunt a bucket. For the potential tie! He still needs to add some wiggle.

1 Like

Yeah he can’t dribble. But he won’t have to with zion and Brandon Ingram drawing double teams which means open 3s.

7 Likes

This has always been the key with Murphy as a draft prospect- at his floor he has a clearly defined role on offense that is very valuable in today’s NBA

8 Likes

Yes- at his *floor, if he’s able to continue to be consistent from three, and maybe learn to dribble just a tad he could be Rashard Lewis (All star is pushing it, and the stars have to align).

4 Likes

I thought Murphy started out in college as a 6’4" guard, so I’m surprised at his lack of dribbling skills. Was he a bad ball handler when he was shorter too, or is this a matter of him growing so fast that his dribbling skills have not caught up yet?

3 Likes

Little of both. From what I’ve seen he’s never been a strong ball handler in terms of breaking down guys and getting to the rim. With his shooting skills he likely never had to work on the handles to the degree to get himself open. I’m sure the growth spurt changed some of the mechanics.

1 Like

Yea Trey definitely has a quicker trigger and that’s just going to make him more effective

2 Likes

Jay with the block!

8 Likes
10 Likes
3 Likes

Financially, Simmons + young player (or two) for Brogdon + Levert works. If I’m the Sixers, I pull the trigger on that in a heartbeat.

7 Likes

If the Sixers pull off that trade I’ll change my entire tune on Morrey. That would be a massive haul and return for a disgruntled Simmons.

2 Likes

If Simmons has to live in Indiana, I’d snicker a little bit. I wonder if Indiana was on his destination list. But yeah, Malc on Philly would be fun. Let’s get all our guys in the east. Better for time zones.

5 Likes

I would go for Simmons + Shake for Brogdon and LeVert. I love Shake and what he did for the team during the 2019-20 season, but I’m worried he’s closer to scratching his ceiling as a player compared to a guy like Isaiah Joe for instance. I would love that return for Simmons at this point.

1 Like

If the Sixers can swing a Simmons + Shake for Brogdon + Levert trade, I think that’s basically the best case scenario at this point (short of Dame/Beal asking out, of course). Adding two legit ball handlers who can dribble & shoot would work wonders offensively. I’m still kind of baffled that these trades are even on the table… I think the only reason Indiana would be considering this is because a) Brogdon and Levert have been injury prone players and b) the league is just systematically undervaluing Brogdon and Levert.

4 Likes

a) Brogdon and Levert have been injury prone players and b) the league is just systematically undervaluing Brogdon and Levert.

I think it’s a little bit of both. Not sure how it helps spacing for Indiana but I’ll let them figure that part out if they go through with it.

2 Likes