Hoos Going Pro 2021-22 NBA Season

Holy shit people do redrafts now? where does he have Jordan in the Bowie draft or if Jordan came out earlier?

1 Like

If I’m a GM, I’m still taking Bowie. Jordan seems annoying. Nobody wants to work with that guy.

One of the LRA podcast guests had a good Jordan pre draft story. Something about Jordan letting the guest drive his car. Was that Junior? Someone from that era.

1 Like

hmmmm. That sounds like a Junior story. Maybe Jamal even?

2 Likes

Yup, Jamal, I think

2 Likes

Jamal makes sense. Always found cars ha

2 Likes

Nah. That was definitely a JB story. I remember him relating it.

2 Likes

Murphy’s been solid very quickly. NO was smart to trade down and still get Trey. Imagine if Golden State took him 14th…

3 Likes

Man Murphy on GS could have been crazy esp when you consider how many young assets the Warriors are sitting on.

2 Likes

The shooting from a lineup where your 1-4 is Poole, Steph, Klay, TM3 is kind of insane to think about

1 Like

Would Trey being there impact Wiggins at all? Or was he already on the roster? It would be crazy to have 5 guys you could rotate through and still have a death lineup.

Think the draft was just before Wiggins if I recall. Porter may be the more likely target to miss out.

1 Like

The Wiggins trade was Feb of 2020 (before the pandemic, that’s like prehistoric now), so this is actually his 3rd season with GS.

Trey probably gets spot minutes and a lot of time in the GLeague, not too dissimilar to what he’s doing in NO. But having your top 2 wing reserves be Klay and Trey would be pretty fantastic. So many different looks you can give other teams. And Kuminga and Wiseman off the bench too.

3 Likes

D@mn I can’t believe the Wiggins trade was that long ago. That was part of the Russel deal?! GS has shown they are fine sitting their youngsters in favor of winning now. They’re also showing they can mix in some of those players at the right moments to get a push. I think you’re right Trey would get spot minutes as of right now, with the possibility of assuming the Klay Thompson role when he slows down and the team transitions into Wisemen Kuminga etc.

TREY

3 Likes

This is a fantastic game for anyone who isn’t watching.

Great coaching, great defense, old guard (CP3) and rookies balling out. It has everything

3 Likes

Pelicans we’re doing great until they took out Trey for McCollum with 3 min left … went from up 1 to losing by 6…. Brutal.
And don’t get me started on Nate McMillan not challenging the call on Hunter’s 6th foul in the Hawks game… if you’re wondering that came out on the NBA game report as an incorrect call… just brutal coaching… Hunter was their only chance in that game

3 Likes

I missed this. Sorry if already posted - don’t think I saw it.

5 Likes

Watching the NBA playoffs made me think of a trivia question …
Who was the first 5 star recruit offered by Tony at UVA?

Embid

No way was it?