Hoos Going Pro 2021-22 NBA Season

Total guess by me. Am sure am wrong.

1 Like

Not Joel E

1 Like

Hah you coulda fooled me. Shoulda went with it.

1 Like

Last guess. Draymon

1 Like

Will Barton - who signed with Josh Pastner at Memphis - led them in scoring for 2 years and went pro … has played 10 years in the NBA averaging 26 min a game … has been in Denver for 8 years and has averaged double figures in scoring every year.

4 Likes

Wow. never woulda got that. Hit a huge 3 other night, right?

This brings up a point I’ve been thinking about for a while. Has anyone looked at the NBA success of college players who got an offer from Tony (regardless of whether they played at UVA) compared to NBA success based on the star system? I’d like to test the idea that Tony is a better judge of players.

Will Barton is the most TB styled player I can think of who never played for him. Of course he was CTB’s first 5star offer.

1 Like

Ran into Joel Embiid on his visit to UVA (or at least I remember I did. Brain is foggy at times.) at a football game. Believe we were in his top 5

2 Likes

Embiid or AD? I’m firmlt in the camp you can’t build around either and they are nice ro haves not essentials. Thoughts?

1 Like

Gotta be AD if he can get healthy again, he can completely alter the game with his defense and shot blocking.

1 Like

It’s the health part that makes me shy away from both

This is great …
https://mobile.twitter.com/BarstoolUVA/status/1521632966568337408

4 Likes

From The Athletic…

I’m closely monitoring Utah’s situation with both Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell. If either — or both — become available, the Hawks should be interested. I’ve heard the Jazz like De’Andre Hunter’s game, and he’s, theoretically, what they need more of moving forward if Mitchell is whom they decide to build around. Utah needs more perimeter defense, maybe worse than Atlanta, if you can actually imagine that after what we watched this season.

6 Likes

Lol at Donovan Mitchell and Trae Young paired together.

2 Likes

Probably Hunter +Bogi/Huerter and 2 firsts for Mitchell?

And a similar deal for Gobert

1 Like

The writer suggests Gobert would be the likely target (Mitchell to the Knicks if he is available) and suggests;

" A package of Hunter, Clint Capela and Jalen Johnson plus picks could work salary-wise for Gobert, or if the Jazz would rather want the long-term cap space, Danilo Gallinari could replace Capela."

Absolutely no way, that would leave the hawks with only Collins and Okongwu as real reserve bigs. I have to Imagine they keep one of their young forwards in any trade

1 Like

Rudy to Atl has been a topic of conversation down here since the moment both teams lost. The name floating is absolutely Dre, and possibly another Atl wing/2 and likely Capella since they would be acquiring a big. Hawks need more lock down D to give that defense some spine. Jazz need to shake it up cause Rudy Mitchell aren’t working.

2 Likes

It should be obvious to Atlanta that more rim protection isn’t the answer, especially if they have to give up one of their only playable perimeter defenders. They need to upgrade defense at the 2 or 4 so teams cant just attacked off the switch and know that no help defense is coming. As we saw last year and this year with uva hoops, rim protection is awesome and fun to watch but it does not alone a stalwart defense make.

4 Likes