Hoos Going Pro 2021-22 NBA Season

Kinda shocked at the Lakers deal the Pacers turned down.

Westbrook is a pretty expensive gamble.

1 Like

No doubt i wouldn’t want him. But it wasn’t a baf package. Losing the cap room for a free agent would have been rough but FAs don’t go to Indy anyways.

I just don’t know why any team would trade for Westbrook at this point. He’s close to cooked and the last two or three teams who traded for him seemingly regretted it. Not knocking him - he still plays hard - but yeah, there’s no way I’d trade for him. Or at least you’d have to give me a lot in the way of picks to take him on.

3 Likes

Yeah, its not that he’s BAD or anything, its that you could probably get a lot more player value for a max contract, especially at this point of his career.

2 Likes

Who would you rather take right now John Wall or Westbrook?

Maurice Cheeks age 65. But thats a great question

2 Likes

LOL Cheeks may be healthier than Wall and still shoot the rock better than Westbrook, I’d go with Cheeks here.

1 Like

Saw him in Minny 2019. Guy looks great

1 Like

Assuming max contracts for both, Westbrook, easy. Last time Wall played 45+ games in a season was 2017. Last time Westbrook played less than 45 games in a season was never.

2 Likes

Good point the best ability is availability and John Wall went to the Gilbert Arenas school of how to steal money. I’d lean slightly towards Wall if you could get him to come down from that 47mil. A discount Wall is more appealing to me than a discount Westbrook. But I’d pass on both to get Brogdon.

4 Likes

Lots of chatter about Joe as well…

2 Likes

I know Joe loves being in Brooklyn, so I won’t be pulling for him to get moved, but also… Would be cool if he were one of the final pieces on a real contender. A team like Milwaukee really needed that kind of shooting late in the season (Greyson Allen failed to provide it).

4 Likes

Milwaukee gets Middleton back though … Boston actually would be a great fit for Joe. They need a scorer badly at the 2. He could be first off the bench or move everyone up a slot as a starter - interchangeable with Brown at the 2/3 and move Tatum to the 4.
Or they keep the same starters and bring Joe in first before White or Pritchard. Would also take pressure off White and Pritchard to score.

3 Likes

Hope Joe gets out of the Nets Org. He had a great run there, but I feel like there’s more choppy waters ahead for the Nets between Simmons back and Kyrie being Kyrie. Joe would be the perfect fit for Milwaukee, even with Middleton on the floor that team is in such need of spacing. Anything to move them beyond 4 guys watching Giannis barrel into 5 defenders in the paint on every possession. The Lakers are another team in desperate need of shooting and they’ve not hid their desire to find a shooter.

4 Likes

Dre back too :sunglasses:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CfHs75dOSGw/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

6 Likes

Am I the only one midly annoyed that Woj pretty much just gives the draft away in tweet form these days?

4 Likes

Yes it’s annoying

4 Likes

Absolutely hate it

3 Likes

Agreed, but that’s why I only watch the tv broadcast now and am not on Twitter at all. I know sometimes they’ll reference his tweets, but it’s better to try and tune any social media coverage out.

3 Likes