Hoos Going Pro 2021-22 NBA Season

I just assume it is. He posts this whenever he gets signed somewhere or gets an opportunity

6 Likes

I really wouldn’t mind seeing JA go overseas and tear it up. He’s in that frustrating place of being just on the fringe of the NBA, and given that he was in the league for years, I get thinking he could make it back (and it’d obviously be awesome to have another NBA Hoo). But also, maybe it’s time to go make some money and live in a beautiful place overseas while doing it?

Obviously he should do whatever he wants. I’m just very curious to see what this next year holds for him.

10 Likes

NBA minimum salary for a guy of his years of experience is 2+ million. If he can hit 1 or 2 more years of those, he’s pretty set for life. Or he can play in Europe for a half mil a year for a decade to get to the same place.

2 Likes

Doesn’t tyrese rice make like 2.3 mill over seas?

He’s already made $8 million. The issue is if bouncing around teams on short term deals makes him spend too much of his pay. If you need to fly around and pay fancy trainer and agent a bunch of cash to get a 10-day contract, you might be better off signing a 4-5 year deal in Europe that pays 500k a year.

4 Likes

That’s definitely an outlier. Most guys are lucky to break 6 figures. A guy like Justin should be able to make a very good living, but the million dollar club is quite exclusive. Overseas Basketball Salaries [Average Salary, Highest-Paid, Country by Country Breakdowns & More] — Jose Colorado

3 Likes

I agree he might be better off financially playing in Europe than bouncing around the fringes of the NBA but to clarify European teams don’t really offer 4-5 year contracts. Mostly 1 and 2 year deals.

2 Likes

This is so damn cool. So basically for those who don’t know there are these pickup games in NYC called blackops basketball where a bunch of NBA players (and some others) get work in during the off-season. Jerome is friends with the guy who runs them (Chris Brickley) and plays in the games every once in a while. It seems like Ty invited Ryan Dunn to come play during the most recent break from summer training. You can see him in the background a couple of times in this video. It’s so strange to be watching him play with guys like Melo lol

It’s so awesome how our former players take the new guys under their wings. The other recent example being Justin Anderson w/ Armaan.

IG link: (might not be working?)

9,118 likes, 98 comments - Black Ops Basketball (@blackops.basketball) on Instagram: "At 6’5” @tyjerome_ is a sharp shooting floor general. He plays at his own pace & does a great..."

19 Likes

I told y’all

3 Likes

I’m curious. Told us what?

I see slow-mo, Kyle Andersen in the backgeound of that first pic.

4 Likes

Nice of Ty to invite the “underperforming, not really doing well at all, clearly going to redshirt, can’t really hoop at all tbh” frosh to his NBA pick up game.

7 Likes

Ryan GONN

3 Likes

Real question was did Ryan get any run

2 Likes

“Come to UVA and Jerome will get you in an open gym playing against Carmelo Anthony”

10 Likes

And if you go to that other school? You have to play WITH Carmelo!

[recruit shuddders]

6 Likes
7 Likes

Nigel Johnson’s team in the TBT final. Wasn’t there going to be a UVA alum team the year COVID struck? Did they never get back together afterwards?

Also TBT season = ELAM debate season

2 Likes

Yes there was going to be Hoos alumni team. Still holding out hope for next year…

3 Likes

Aw man I need this to happen so badly

3 Likes