Hoos Going Pro 2021-22 NBA Season

12 Likes

That last shot melted my face off.

5 Likes

I love the fact that Alvarado and Murphy are in this highlight. At first I wondered how Trey ended up there, but it was likely due to *both Ty and teammate Jose.

2 Likes

Being able to make that second shot is just ridiculous. He clearly second-guesses releasing it mid-shot and still drains it from half. SHEESH

5 Likes
9 Likes

Is Brickley connected to Pitino?
A: Yup, walk on around 2010 or so

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I just can’t *hate Rick Pitino. He loves Tony, is praising Ty Jerome, was a villain to dook and Kentucky, and regularly lost to us when he was at Louisville…what am I missing?

18 Likes

Rick has some (ahem) ‘questionable’ personal ethics, but he’s one of the best hoops coaches and his former players seem immensely loyal to him. And he had a fun rapport with Tony.

3 Likes

“Tiger Woods has his red shirt, Rick Pitino has his white suit”

3 Likes

2 Likes

If you guessed I have the exact same suit …

3 Likes

Got a contract and could finally afford a ring

16 Likes

Saw RJ Barrett got extended at 4 years / 120 mn. Did Dre get extended this off-season and I’ve forgotten already?

1 Like

Wow that is a crazy number for RJ

4 Likes

Not yet per the internet. Article from July says $20 mn apart:
https://nba.nbcsports.com/2022/07/19/report-hawks-deandre-hunter-20m-apart-on-contract-extension/amp/

1 Like

Yeah, and likely signals they’re out of it for Donovan Mitchell

1 Like

https://www.si.com/nba/hawks/news/can-deandre-hunter-earn-a-contract-extension-like-rj-barrett?utm_source=reddit.com

3 Likes

The definition of a player on a bad team who has to get stats (because someone has to get stats)…

Edit: RJ Barrett post above

4 Likes

NBA money is absolutely crazy some time. @mac9r nailed it on the head Barrett is a good player on a bad team making max money. I did read earlier today that NY was likely done negotiating for Mitchell as of now. So the Barrett number makes sense in that context.

Hawks are getting into strange murky water. I thought they were more likely to ink a big deal for Dre 4 or 5 months ago, but with Murrery coming onboard it feels like they are in full on “win now mode” And that could make Dre more expendable if they think they can lure in a bigger fish.

3 Likes

Yeah seems like pretty good chance of packaging Dre for Jaylen Brown if they can get it done

1 Like