Hoos Going Pro 2022-23 NBA Season

:10 second mark to :30 second mark is ads

10 Likes

Sign him you cowards

12 Likes

https://twitter.com/i/status/1680475049801703424

1 Like

video

6 Likes

Trey and Simba getting some runs in, really fun video with those two keeping a lot of the focus

11 Likes

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1683855682590633984?s=46

$70 million for the 28-29 season…yikes :grimacing::face_in_clouds:

6 Likes

He must have a good agent. I have never been that high on him, at least not at the super-superstar level. Hate to think what Tatum will command.

2 Likes

That could pay for teacher salaries for an entire school district. Economics of the sports world is very strange.

5 Likes

Begs the question - who you got? Jaylen Brown vs. an entire school district of teachers.

A: If it’s make it, take it (winner’s out), the teachers win 11-0. If it’s loser’s out, I give Jaylen a puncher’s chance (assuming he bribes enough of the teachers).

6 Likes

Cornel Parker was a teacher (or a guidance counselor anyway). I’m sure we can find some good hoopers and outlast Jaylen Brown. That guy’s not even the best player on his own team.

On second thought, bring in Jaylen Brown’s kindergarten teacher and she’ll have him all locked up. You don’t mess with your kindergarten teacher.

5 Likes

All facts!

1 Like

I’ve seen videos of something like this with 3 soccer players vs 100 kids:

Kids need to work on their organization. And maybe need some ladders for the goalkeepers.

6 Likes

wow Jaylen Brown… really? I don’t even dislike him as a player but damn my knee jerk reaction is we are going to be scratching our heads at this come 2028.

5 Likes

This is just how the NBA works. The top end players are technically payed way under value (by the analytics) due to the salary cap. So there are 20-25 players that deserve “max” or more money. As the salary cap grows, the most recent person in that group of ~25 players to sign will be the highest paid player. For sure deserved (by the math of the NBA salary cap).

3 Likes

Dude can’t dribble.

2 Likes

I’d reserve that kind of money for the person who cures cancer. He or she won’t get paid nearly that much.

I don’t disagree at all hahaha. BUT in the context of the NBA, if the players get paid less, the extra money just goes into the Billionaire owner pockets. So with that in mind, I choose the players. Its more of an indictment that sports entertainment earns billions each year and medicine probably shouldn’t be profit driven in most cases (but i’d imagine the person curing cancer probably comes out the other side quite well off)

7 Likes

Totally agree, I didn’t have Jaylen on my card as next max guy from the Celtics but I get it. I also won’t be surprised when they are trying to move him and the contract ala Portland and Dame.

@NorVaHoo I get the point you’re making and it’s valid. But that’s simply not the way the world works unfortunately and I say that as someone who works in education and politics. The economics of it are the NBA and all sports support those type of salaries and if the market can take it, it will. Now if we want to discuss the ethics of an athletes pay comparative to a teacher sure have it, it’s a valid one.

1 Like

They might not but the big pharma that is selling the cure sure will.

4 Likes