I dont see the comparison between the two sports but too long for me to type on my fone ha
Quick math NBA has 450 players during the season. Thats pretty exclusive and if teams and the League are making lots and lots of money we could proly do math on the middle of the league underpaid
Yeah I agree with both of you. In the world we live in, where the NBA as a league makes billions of profit, the players are very underpaid (especially top end talent for the value they bring). However, in the grand scheme of things, I do wish the world was different enough to where high level professions that take equal effort to reach (doctor, engineers, etc.) are paid in the same range or more (because they bring VALUE to society as a whole). The second point is kind of meaningless though, because that isn’t the world we live in.
Yeah, I think this ends up handicapping the Celtics in ~2-3 years when the deal is in effect. The trade kicker and Brown getting older will have teams a lot more hesitant to trade for him and unless he gets his turnovers under control he probably isn’t worth the percentage of the cap he’ll be taking up for a championship team (But the Celtics absolutely HAD to do the deal)
But towards the end of this deal (5-6 years from now), I imagine it will be quite easy to get out of it if he doesn’t progress just due to the cap rising and he’ll still be in his prime.
Think the middle of the NBA has it best of any athletes in any sport. No other sport is a Brogdon level player making $80 million on a contract. The limits on the stars really help out the middle level guys
This may be an obscure reference to some… but if any of you play the video game Rocket League… there is a YouTube video where they have one the world’s best play against 100 amateurs and the 1 dude destroys the 100…
Here… I found the video… I think this would be like the NBA player vs. teachers. LOL!