I am … yes overpaid for how good he is vs peers. … Problem is the way the salary cap is structured - you have to sign him to keep that cap room in place whether you keep him 15 months or the full 5 years… if he learns how to dribble left - watch out. Or even if he learned how to pass … I’m not holding my breath for either though.
Can’t be traded until next August or so.
Definitely had those Magic Converse Weapons.
A couple of Christmas’ ago we paid like $500 to get my son the same Jordans I had in like ‘85. And I remember my mom flipping out because they were like $100 then ![]()
There’s a line in the movie Margin Call that comes to mind. IIRC
C1 - you’re a rocket scientist?
C2 - yes. It is all numbers and the pay is considerably better here (than NASA, MIT, take your pick).
That was a good movie.
Good movie, but not as good as Paul Giamatti playing Ben Bernanke
I don’t think I saw that one. From Bernanke to Pig Vomit. What range
Brogdon level? He’s starting caliber and a major spark on *this Celtics team but always started at previous locations. If it weren’t for injuries his talent would be way over 100 million.
Not saying he is overpaid within the NBA ecosystem (or overpaid at all). But look at the level of the guys making $22-23 million a year in other leagues. It’s only the superstars. NFL, MLB, and some soccer leagues pay out similarly (and in some cases exceed) to the NBA for superstar players but the NBA is the only league where you can be the 4th/5th highest paid player on your team and make $20 million a year
Because there are way less players. Like way less
Ok got it! Thanks for the clarification. That makes sense. Baseball has got to be close right?
I wanna say the avg mlb salary is like 17mil.
But those super contracts may be skewing the number
MLB was early to the game
In creating outrageous contracts? Or having a strong union?
NBA average is tops at $8.5M but median is ‘only’ $4M
Baseball is like average of $4M and median of ~$1.5M
Trade kicker is pointless unless the maximum salary increases. Guys don’t get paid the trade kickers if that would cause them to exceed the maximum salary.
Good point, but would that change as the cap increases in the next few years? Or is it locked in for the contract duration?
A supermax deal starts at 35% of the cap in the first year with a maximum 8% increase per year. The cap is projected to increase by 10% per year over the course of this CBA, so if he gets traded in year 4 or 5 of the contract, the delta between the relative increases would be maybe 5-6 mil. And I guess those years would be under a new CBA, so who knows how basketball revenue will amount to by 2030.
Great pic. Back in my wanna be journalist days I did a piece and I had Curt Flood as No.2 biggest/most influential sports moments of all time.
Former UVA target on the move in the NBA.
https://twitter.com/FredKatz/status/1683644445093138432?s=20
Obviously a bummer for Keels. Could have used a few more years in college to mature his game and body.
