3.7 APG
48% FG
46% 3FG
89% FT
Critical role for NBA’s best team

5 Likes

AG

7 Likes

Have to think Joe could get traded today.

5 Likes

Salary will be tough. Production down this year. So really only a contender looking for 3s. Maybe Cavs? Sixers?

4 Likes

Yea esp. if the Nets have eyes at keeping Cam Johnson round long term.

1 Like

What’s Minnesota working with? Feels like they are sniffing around at mixing things up. Also seems like the Nets are pretty happy to acquire picks and jumpstart the rebuild. Hard to picture an aging Harris as part of that long term build.

Agree. Especially with the back story of how he agreed to it right off even though he could start on many teams. Great ambassador for the 5 pillars.

3 Likes

Who is “Geel?” Or is this a “Calf-a-row” thing, where AG finally corrected the pronunciation?

3 Likes

Seems to me Malc is slacking - he’s supposed to be in the 90/50/40 club. Maybe the 46% 3FG percentage compensates. :wink:.

3 Likes

Yep - Brogdon’s true shooting % is higher than any of his other years.

1 Like

Next thing you know we’ll learn we’ve been mispronouncing “Jack Salt.”

4 Likes

It’s S- a-lt

The ‘a’ is silent

6 Likes

I dunno but just doesn’t seem like Harris is very valuable, especially with the contract and injury history.

Maybe Minnesota starts completely over and Brooklyn not ready to tank (roster ain’t bad - just need a star). KAT for Harris + Simmons and a 1st rounder?

Cavs can offload K-Love expiring contract for Harris + expensive veteran but likely only a 2nd rounder in assets coming back if I had to guess.

1 Like

Agee, I don’t think it’s someone seeking Harris because he’s an asset, it’s the Nets wanting to dump some salary to alleviate some of the luxury tax bill they are facing and to clear space to resign Thomas.

Not sure it happens before the deadline today, but could see them searching options to move Harris, and teams could do worst looking for a shooting wing they can plug in. But like you said the contract will scare people off.

The Nets are in a strange place similar to Utah. They aren’t a terrible team. There’s a lot of talent on the current roster but it’s basically all 3 n D role guys and whatever Simmons is. They have a few options doubt they will go full on tank, but they could be a clearing house for 3nD wings over the next 12 hours and into the summer. They also have a ton of picks they could us or use for trades.

2 Likes

What a trade deadline period for the Nets. Yikes. Might be good news for ATL to get hot and snag a top 6 seed, and stay out of the play in.

3 Likes

Harris is in an interesting spot because he’s in the mold of bad contract but still contributes. Which is an oddly difficult think to trade

3 Likes

I know. I thought the Nets experiment might fail but never thought Ben Simmons would be the last guy stranding.

Hawks could use Harris but no way they can afford him. @mac9r nailed it.

3 Likes

Ha. Simmons proly lookin around like “wait what?”

3 Likes

Yea dude played himself right out of 2 contenders in 2 yrs

4 Likes

In honor of John Wall being traded back to the Rockets.

3 Likes