Hoos Going Pro 2022-23 NBA Season

Joe might have more trade value next year as he nears expiring contract status. Suddenly he the vet on the Nets.

7 Likes

So youā€™re telling me he might get bought out?

1 Like

Payton II back to the Warriors a bad omen for Ty?

2 Likes

Probably, at least as far as converting his two way contact into a standard contract this year. The Thomas Bryant trade might open the door for Jay Huff.

3 Likes

mo bamba though

2 Likes

Makes sense about Ty.

Figure Bama got that spot for the Lakers.

1 Like

Damn I missed Mo. Too much action in the League today. Heā€™s still suspended for two more games though :joy:

1 Like

True Detective Time GIF

5 Likes

Eric Gordon back on the clippers. George Hill back on the pacers. Jacob Poetl back on the raptors.

What a day lol.

The nets have all the high end role players a lot of these contenders want (although they did give the bucks Jae Crowder)

3 Likes

The Nets will be able to make bank this summer with all those wings. Their draft pick haul is sick too.

Two first round picks in 23 25 and 27. And aboat load of 2nds and a a few other 1s mixed in

1 Like

Joe said F them dudes that leftā€¦

7 Likes

Wasnā€™t he at 38% a month ago? Crazy streak to grow that to 46%

5 Likes

Iā€™m interested to know what the board thinks: I think the NBA has become dreadfully hard to watch. Feels like a nightly three point shooting contest with little to no defensive pressure, this is reflected in just how many guys are averaging >30ppg compared to other years. I do understand this is just my opinion and some probably like the game being this way, but I really want to like the NBA and stay invested, but itā€™s a chore.

I do have a solution to the problem though: I wish the NBA would push back the three point line to make the shot more challenging AND eliminate the corner three altogether. This would force the game back inside: make a mid range shot valuable again, make post-up players valuable again, etc. and would just make the game more interesting. (Again, totally just my opinion)

Thereā€™s some hot takes if anyone cares to discuss. Understand not everyone will agree.

2 Likes

Fanning The Daily Show GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

Getting hot in herre

1 Like

Playoff are still great. Just too many games and theyā€™ve become too transparent about how little regular season games matter. Only getting about 75% intensity until the final 2 minutes (if itā€™s even close at that point) for most of these regular season games.

3 Likes

The issue is the NBA has modified its rules to the point where defense is impossible to accomplish. One reason why I donā€™t think CTB goes to the NBAā€¦ there is a deemphasis on defense by how the rules are put in placeā€¦ the latest being you canā€™t intentionally foul someone on a break-away to prevent the fast breakā€¦ just was instituted recently.

The league has devolved into 3-point shots and lay-ups/dunksā€¦ every other shot is statistically a bad shotā€¦ and since contact is discouraged w/ foul callsā€¦ we have the product in place right now.

Editā€¦ the new rule is called the take-foul ruleā€¦

Take-foul penalty, score changes will be different in 2022-23 NBA season | NBA.com

2 Likes

I dunno, the skill level of the game is really high right now and I think the spacing effects of the 3pt rules and freedom-of-movement type of rules as they currently stand make for more aesthetically pleasing ball compared to say, the 90s struggleball of the Heat and Knicks. And some of the most valuable players do their work inside, Jokic, Embiid, Giannis, etc, so you can still do work inside.

2 Likes

All I know about comparing eras is itā€™s remarkable how hockey players, soccer players, lacrosse players, etc are all the best theyā€™ve ever been but basketball peaked in the 80ā€™s and 90ā€™s. Pretty amazing how those guys were so great they were able to overcome all the advances in training and recovery to be better than players 30 years later

1 Like

Painting broadly I thiNK @jazznutUVA is right. In an effort to over correct for the 80s and 90s game the rules have rendered defense meaningless. Combine that with an increase in skill like weā€™ve never seen to @AdventiveQuasar mentioned and you have guys able to acore from any and everywhere

Moving the line back will only be a temporary fix. Guys adjust find the soft spots and fire away.

3 Likes