Hoos Going Pro 2022-23 NBA Season

Knew the game was over when I saw this…

9 Likes

Fact that’s the smirk of I’ve been waiting for this…

2 Likes

I feel bad for Brogdon in this situation…no ring :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

5 Likes

Also, Bam with the near triple-double is not ideal.

3 Likes

Still wild Jimmy Butler was the 72nd ranked player in his class… in the state of Texas, not the country.

https://twitter.com/SkinsHoops86/status/1659754397117693955

11 Likes

I do feel for Brogs. But I hate Boston as a city and in general their fans so Brogdons sacrifice is for the greater good.

6 Likes

“They thought he was the answer. C’mon. That’s your answer to the Jimmy Butler problem? That’s their answer? C’mon. That can’t be the answer.”

Jimmy Butler aka my new favorite player after game 2

3 Likes

I’m conflicted about Boston, because I agree with what you’re saying. I was a Laker guy when it was Magic/Bird, and grew up hating them. The things that are weird for me now are:

1. Malcolm & Sam
  2. I like Stevens and wouldn’t mind seeing him get a ring that alluded him as a coach (college & pro)
  3. I genuinely enjoy watching Tatum play
  4. Most of their team has been built through the draft/development over splashy FA signings or trades for superstars who pouted at their previous stop

I’m pulling for Miami because I love Butler and their story, but I’ll probably pull for Boston in the Finals if they come back in this series.

7 Likes

Have to root for Boston because I hate crypto

7 Likes

Have always been a Celts fan since my youth (many years ago). Loved Bob Cousy (told you it was a long time ago). Am also a Red Sox fan, so there is that too. Having Brogs and Sam on this team just adds to my bias.

I must say, however, I don’t really like all the hero ball you see from Tatum and Brown. They are great scorers but they so often just decide it’s time for me to score, and ignore the guy standing at the 3-pt line as 2 or 3 defenders try to stop them. I will admit they manage to score more often than I would expect under those conditions, but they sure pass up a lot of passes for wide open shots.

4 Likes

“But it’s just competition. I do respect him, though. He’s a big part of what they try to do. He switches. He can shoot the ball. I just don’t know if I’m the best person to talk to.” Jimmy Butler on Grant Williams :joy:

14 Likes

I’m a Knicks fan, so I despise the Heat, because Pat Riley. But I respect them. Butler gets the attention, and Bam is playing well, but you can beat a team with two good players. It’s the guys like Martin, Strus and Vincent who are killing the Celtics. Props to the Heat for finding these guys and – just as importantly – developing them.

7 Likes

I was born and grew up Massachusetts, so a Boston fan, except when they had Paul Pierce, Garnett, Big Baby Davis and Perk- they were ASS-HOLES.

My Dad is from NYC so I was also a Knicks fan and hated how the Heat and and Alonzo Mourning got in the way of Ewing and co. (Ironically Ewing Jr. And my sister went to the same middle school in Massachusetts so I met him once).

I don’t like dook so I’m not a fan of Tatum, but he’s less hateable than others.

However I’m still rooting for Brogdon and Hauser, so I’m definitely conflicted.

6 Likes

For me it’s about the Celtics and Boston as a whole.

I like the players on the team. I’ve never had a real issue with Tatum, Brown, etc. Especially love Brogdon and Hauser ofc.

I just grew up hating the Celtics, and the people of Boston lol

4 Likes

Denver will scorch either of these teams so I don’t really care too much about the outcome tbh

4 Likes

Boston Celtics GIF by NBA

Nba Playoffs Sport GIF by NBA

2 Likes

I’m gonna enjoy Denver vs Miami

6 Likes

Network execs really thought they were gonna get Celtics vs Lakers.

6 Likes

Denver is going to murder Miami

3 Likes

That’s what I thought about the Celtics.

5 Likes