Hoos in the NBA Playoffs - Live Game Thread

Playoffs have kicked off today, so I broke down the first round matchups for the wahoos taking the floor today:

6 Likes

Brogdon and the Pacers have just kicked off their series. So, I discussed Malcolm’s role and what he’ll have to do to help the Pacers advance: Pacers vs Heat Series Preview: How will Malcolm Brogdon Perform? - Locker Room Access

4 Likes

Malcolm playing pretty well rn. 18 pts, 10 assists but 5-15 shooting. Heat up 6 with three mins left. Oladipo our with an eye injury

4 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEDDCizFGqI/?igshid=1juvasx9m82sv

4 Likes

Nets drop the second game of the series to the raptors. Now 2-0 Toronto. Joe finished with 14 pts and 15 (!) rebounds

1 Like

man that last possession to tie was ugly

2 Likes

Very ugly.

thought was gonna be 5 second call it took so long to “develop”

They also had 15 seconds left. Let someone else get the ball and Joe get some screens even if they switch someone will have the opening or match up

1 Like
2 Likes

UGGGGGGGHHHHHH hope everything is well though. Family comes first always

5 Likes

You guys think Joe re-signs with the Nets? They’ll be good next year, but I’m not sure if they can pay him what other team can offer. Also playing with Kyrie and KD could be exhausting and maybe not very fun.

3 Likes

Hes been pretty vocal about being bought into brooklyn and they own his bird rights. But this could be the contract that sets him up for even more generational wealth.

A trophy is just a piece of metal. A few extra millions can definitely help with one’s life goals.

1 Like

If I had one critique of Brogdon, he sometimes dribbles a little too much. WIth TJ McConnell running the point the offense gets initiated much faster and TJ Warren gets more time to make plays when needed. Still think Brogdon is a great individual talent, of course, but still growing into that pg role

1 Like

I’ve noticed that as well. I like when Brogdon gets to play off the ball a bit more. The offense seems to flow a little smoother.

Doesn’t help out that this Miami team reminds me a lot of last year’s Toronto team.

It also hurts that Sabonis is out given that the pacer’s main offense flows through that pick and roll (one of the best in the league)

1 Like

Absolutely, I forgot that he is out. That was a massive loss, Sabonis and Brogdon established tremendous chemistry this season.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEH4dLqltAd/?igshid=b0zajjyr1f2e

2 Likes

Nba teams with wahoos are a combined 0-7 in their various series right now. Seeming unlikely anyone will advance to the second round.

3 Likes