๐Ÿ€ Hoos Playing Overseas 2023 - 2024

french reaction gif GIF

6 Likes

Hoops?

1 Like

Nah rugby. Had a chance to go to Italy after I left Ire.

4 Likes

https://www.si.com/college/virginia/pro-hoos/kyle-guy-and-mike-tobey-sign-with-euroleague-basketball-clubs

4 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: No Holds Barred Thread - A Haney/DavetheWave Production

Mascot for KGโ€™s new team.
IMG_4800

Very strong these vibes

6 Likes
3 Likes

He was on Trento last year. Looks like REggio Emilia still Serie A. Slightly worse European competition (from Euro Cup to FIBA Champions League).

2 Likes

Honeymooned some of our time on Elba island. It was fantastic, wish we had realized you can get a bus pass for the week and ride all around the island but I didnโ€™t mind staying put, crushing Lemoncello and birdwatching at the spot

8 Likes

Trento in a really cool region of Italy.

Damn all of Italy is cool

3 Likes

Itโ€™s actually very hot this time of year :wink:

2 Likes

Woldy on the FIBA World Cup roster for team Italy!

16 Likes

I think rosters are capped at 12, so he will have to make it through a cut at some point.

Interestingly, it seems like Italy was trying to get Darius Thompson eligible for the team but couldnโ€™t quite pull it off in time:

7 Likes

Looks like JG headed to Belgium

9 Likes
17 Likes

That team just made it into the top division in Belgium for next season. Belgium and the Netherlands have a combined top-division league. Seems like itโ€™s a solid level; leagueโ€™s last MVP was a guy who was an All-CAA player at Towson, but thereโ€™s also a former All-SEC first teamed from Mississippi whoโ€™s in that league too.

7 Likes

Wasnโ€™t Darius league MVP in this league?

https://medium.com/the-red-towel/protops-darius-thompson-named-dutch-league-mvp-will-play-in-nba-summer-league-b3f307025dd9

5 Likes

Yes, before it merged with the Belgian league.

2 Likes

Feels like a solid and reasonable landing spot for our guy.

Anyone want to decrypt? Putting here because it sounds like JA is headed overseas โ€ฆ

8 Likes