Hoos Playing Overseas '21 - '22

30 minute free pass on nbc stream. However incognito window trick for march madness works (where each time you reopen the incognito its a new timer lol)

edit: I lied. Only gives you an additional 30 in incognito but opening a new incognito doesn’t give you an additional 30.

1 Like

You can also use the stream above to watch usa vs spain 12:40 am (benefits of having a job with unusual hours: I can sleep in I guess).

1 Like
14 Likes

Mike Tobey bout to get paid and be the story of the NBA next season

5 Likes

Have you seen any news or rumors about Tobey to the NBA? I’ve been looking but have t seen anything.

Been real quiet. I know the Mavs have a bunch of cap room a super star who’s about 2 yrs out from a new deal and a solid core that could use an upgrade. Not saying that Tobey is the next Bill Walton but he’s proving to have a skillset that may be useful and with Porzingus falling apart at the seams it may not be a bad idea to kick the tires on Tobey, esp if Luka has taken a liking to him. May be worth bringing in just to keep him happy.

3 Likes

Tobey needs to jokingly-but *seriously say “Hey man we need to continue this success in Dallas next season!”

4 Likes

Tobey is under contract with Valencia through 2022, which might make things more difficult.

I won’t pretend to know how his contract is set up, but I would assume he either needs to have an opt out clause (unlikely?) or would need an NBA team to buyout his contract with Valencia.

2 Likes

Yeah- Spain is *not a bad consolation either- if he can get out and socialize. Plus la playa esta alla’!

2 Likes

Are there still limits on how much an NBA team can pay for a buyout? Or is that only for players who are being drafted?

2 Likes

Love that I didn’t even consider his contract in Spain. Either way I’d imagine he’s got some leverage coming off this Olympic run to either for their hand to pay more or head stateside. Span is gorgeous and would be hard to leave, I won’t lie.

3 Likes

Tobey’s strongest skillset is that he can play with Luka, something Porzingus somehow doesn’t have. Therefore max Mike Tobey

5 Likes

Not being a hater but one huge factor is how Olympic play differs from NBA. I hope Toby gets his NBA shot for sure but man is it different

3 Likes

Huge difference. And why I won’t crown Tobey as the next Bill Walton. I think his ties to Luka are what gets him into Dallas.

If Giannis can get jobs for his whole family. Luka can bring over a teammate.

8 Likes

I don’t think Tobey can play NBA defense

1 Like

Can he play the same style of defense as Porzingis so Dallas doesn’t have to change up when he comes in. That’s one factor.

I have no idea what kind of defense or offense Jason Kidd runs. Can’t remember what he did with the Nets or Bucks.

Feel like he had them playing pretty aggressive D. Given the lack of mobility in Porzingis last season I’m not sure he can stand up to a decent NBA offense now

Linking KG as a possible replacement for Jaycee Carroll at Real Madrid.

4 Likes

Feel like that would be the right move for him. Bring the Man Bun back get Rosseta Stone and go kill it in Europe

12 Likes

Spending the past 2 years with limited real game time play adds up as well. This is a Guy who played huge minutes his entire basketball Life

7 Likes