Hoos Playing Overseas '21 - '22

6 Likes

At the opening ceremony:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRq_3NsLIFP/

12 Likes

Argentina (Caffaro) v. Slovenia (Tobey) happening right now! One quarter in and Slovenia is looking good.

Caffaro getting some PT late in the blowout

Yeah, he didn’t do a whole lot. A couple not-so-smart fouls. Some leaving his feet too early. But never got fed in the post, so never got a real chance on the offensive end. Was moving well and fast though - if anything too much movement.

2 Likes

Tiny bit off topic, but awesome:

18 Likes

That’s Great

30 minute free pass to stream the USA game happening now. A real good game

4 Likes

Watching Tobey and Doncic on Eurosport for Sunday brunch.

5 Likes

Mike Tobey bout to mess around win a gold medal and get an NBA contract. I’d call that a good summer

10 Likes

Tobey enjoying the moment

https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/1421786479567810564?s=21

5 Likes

I really hope he can leave with a silver or bronze medal (depending on the draw with the US)

1 Like

16 pts, 14 rebs against the Gasol brothers. Crazy. What a pickup for Slovenia he turned out to be.

Slovenia now 16-0 in international play with Luka. That guy might be a difference maker.

5 Likes

Anyone know how he became Slovenian? Got married maybe?

3 Likes

Per someone on Sabre:

“He plays or played with one of the Slovenian team members (can’t remember who or the exact connection but I believe that he’s on Valencia too), who recruited him to join the team. They said on the broadcast that for each international tournament you can give one non-citizen player a passport, and Slovenia decided to do that with MT. So no familial ties to Slovenia.”

5 Likes

Cool. Thank you

1 Like

We should just give a US passport to Giannis. It’s really hard for Greece to ever qualify anyways cause there are no other good players and Giannis doesn’t have time to help in qualifying (if Luka made a deep run in playoffs then Slovenia wouldn’t have even qualified). I don’t even think Giannis was allowed to be a Greek citizen when he was growing up, only after he became famous. You gotta be a pretty devoted American to enjoy living In Milwaukee that much ha.

3 Likes

I’m a little surprised he didn’t try to play for the Nigerian team.

1 Like

That’s crazy that is how he got Slovinian eligibility. Feel like the rules are a lot harder to get that passport in other sports.

Slovenia up 44-37 on Germany in their quarterfinal match at the half