Hoos vs. Bonnies thread

I know the answer now. Was good friends with my dad. Has very very very large feet - size 22… Good find Fresh!

3 Likes

Isnt TJ size 21? is why I compared

1 Like

Geez if it’s who I think it is, I would have never guessed he was a Bonnie

1 Like

I know that one. Bob Lanier.

2 Likes

What do you all think the defensive matchups look like? Kihei on Lofton, Reece on Holmes? Though, Lofton seems like he’s their main distributor, so maybe Reece on Lofton to try to shut that down. Then maybe Armaan on Adaway and Jayden on Welch? My theory there is that you want Armaan on the Adaway as the guy who creates more of his own shot, whereas Welch profiles as a pure spot-up guy. But I could see arguments in different directions.

1 Like

I know this one too. Kareem the pilot was a big fan. I saw one of his Chucks in two separate places as a kid, if you can believe it. One was at Converse factory store in Malden. The other was on the American Freedom Train that toured the country during the bicentennial. Those were some humongous shoes!

2 Likes

Opens UVA -3.5

Bonnies on Twitter will be pissed that we’re favored.

4 Likes

Welcome to the next stage in the N.I.T!
If Armaan does what he did against North Texas and does it in the first half as well, oh boy the Bonnies better watch out.
And hey, an ESPN broadcast, it’s hard to argue with that.

5 Likes

Were we really this close to not even making the NIT? The 2022 NIT bracket selection, explained - CougCenter

3 Likes

With wins over Duke, Miami, and Providence, plus the natty in 2019 and the ACC allure, I imagine NIT would have reached deep for Hoos if they had to.

1 Like

Seems like they did. Seems like they chose Oregon, St Bonnies, Santa Clara, Belmont, Missouri State and us over St John’s, Fresno State, Furman, Drake and Clemson for the last 6 unseeded at large spots.

The 1 seeds are the first 4 out of the NCAA. Compare the 2-4 seeds with the NET rankings and it’s an almost exact match except for Saint Louis bumped up a seed and Santa Clara not being seeded.

3 Likes

A very good team - we will have our hands full. They have played together for a long time, and they are better than their record indicates as they had a long break because of Covid outbreak on the team in late December/early January. They wont be scared - that’s for sure!!! Go 'Hoos!

3 Likes

Lol

Philosopher and thinker, man job opportunities nowadays are lame compared to 17th-18th monks or whatever.

3 Likes

For example, I have a very low probability of having a liquer or fancy wine named after me.

3 Likes

13th century LRA discussing the ontological implications of being on the MBB roster but never playing during the ACC schedule.

Edit and of course the 13th century ACC standards for the Athens-Carthage Conference

5 Likes

The Haney School For Higher Thought and… nevermind

2 Likes

Just keeping this dumb joke going but you could say that there is an ontological dependence wherein the starters could not exist without the reserves. In other words, how could kihei be called a member of the starting five, if we did not have spare Ms on the bench. Just like how a pencil eraser cannot exist without a pencil.

2 Likes

confused as to what dentistry has to do with an St with bowel issues

3 Likes