Hoos vs. Navy Season Opener

Football team

1 Like

That would make it two in a row. BYU scored more than Georgetown did.

Edit: 3 in a row. VCU scored 65 to BYU’s 66.

2 Likes

Given the right opponents, when the pack line is humming bball could hold them to less two games in a row, in total.

1 Like

I want to see how the offense responds when Navy (everybody) try to double or deny Jayden. Can Kadin consistently cash in on mismatches? Will Reece be aggressive going to the basket? Can Armaan KC Reece at al hit the open 3 when teams double down? Very important, after years of not doing it, can we get our bigs the ball in the right spots to be successful?

8 Likes

Vegas consensus seems to agree with us about how close the game’s going to be — I just saw the line got set this afternoon. Spread is -14.5 Virginia, o/u 125, which puts the expected score around 70-55.

2 Likes

All of that feels pretty accurate. Could see the under coming in, but wouldn’t bet it.

1 Like

I’m not terribly optimistic that we will see a lot of Igor early. Think he’s still finding his footing defensively, and we know how much guys who can’t play D see the floor.

6 Likes

Yea Igor still seems to be figuring it out. If any of the young guys get heavy PT, my money would be on Taine.

2 Likes

Bigs typically struggle early with the Pac-line not sure exactly how they plan to deploy Igor but could see why it may take some time to get him up to speed.

So it’s Comcast still sucks/free trial elsewhere sign up time…anyone save me a google and tell me who has ACCXN?

Is it on ACCXN? damnit that ruins my night.

1 Like

No but Radford is on Friday

So where can we watch this game tonight?

3 Likes

Washington State is, as expected, beating the stuffing out of Alcorn. They’re the only P6 game until Nova kicks off in about 15 minutes. Given their schedule and how good they’re supposed to be, might be the most attention any of their games get all season.

Tonight’s game is on ACC Network at 9pm

4 Likes

If Manhattan can play Manhattanville, can the Hoos play Hooville?

12 Likes

Nope. The grinch never gave their basketball gear back

2 Likes

I assume Gardner is the overwhelming favorite to score UVA’s first points of the season.

My money is on a Reece! three

2 Likes

Hoo3 knows