How confident are you?

With the tournament right around the corner, how confident are you about the wahoos? Base it on a scale of 1-10. I’d say around a 6 for a plethora of reasons. This could very easily and quickly change depending on how tonight’s and Saturday’s game goes. What do you think?

1 Like

solid 8 at this point. They know who they are and know how to win and it can come from more than 1 guy at this point.

3 Likes

I agree with @DFresh11 we are a solid 8.

4 Likes

Interesting question. Are we talking about how confident are we that they will make the tournament? I’d say a 9. As long as they don’t drop their next 3, the Hoos are in, even if they did I still think they make it.

How confident are we that win the ACC regular season title? Eh… 1-2. Need too much help and wonky stuff to break their way. Plus, winning streaks are tough to maintain the law of averages gets to you at some point.

How confident am I that they win the ACC tourney? From a 6-10 really could go either way and totally depends on the match-ups. The ACC is strange.

How confident am I that they win the NCAA? 1. This team while good is not elite and it takes an elite team to win a National Title.

How Confident am I that they make the trip here to Atlanta for the Final 4? 1… see above comments and repeat.

How Confident am I that they can make the Sweet 16? Check back once I see the final brackets. Oddly enough I felt much better about this when the Hoos were hovering around the 10-12 line. The 8-9 line has a much harder path, especially with them potentially facing KU in the second round. The match-ups dictate my confidence level.

Overall I think this is a good team and they can win 70ish percent of any games they walk into to. A solid 7 maybe an 8 on the confidence level. But when it gets this late in the season there aren’t many gimme’s out there. And like I mentioned, this is a solid team, not an elite team. Last year I knew the Hoos could beat any team in the country no matter what was thrown at them. This year, I think this team can fight with any team in the country, but there are some difficult match-ups out there for them that would require them to get a few things to break their way if they want to win.

7 Likes

I am totally confident that I am going to enjoy watching them in the upcoming tournaments. Their improved defense and offense has made it a real treat to watch them again. Looking forward to some exciting elimination games whether we win or lose. Blocks, dunks, and three point shoots to scream in excitement at and fist bump over. Wahoowa!

3 Likes

Well said. I am not putting anyone over a 9 or maybe even 8.5 in all of CBB no matter how confident I am about them. There is so much parody and unexpectedness in college basketball this year that I’m not super confident about anyone even the teams I am most confident about. So, for that reason and the reasons you mentioned I don’t want to put the wahoos ahead of a 6.5 or even 6 (as of now.) Sure, we’re on an incredible role but like you said, we’re not elite. I’m sticking with 6.25

2 Likes

Honestly, I’m just glad to be able to watch the tournament and not have to worry about the Hoos anymore. Like while I would be sad if we lost in round 1, it won’t devastate me like it did before the Natty. This is the first march madness I’ll be able to enjoy in years lol

10 Likes

8 and I would rather not take a two digit win streak into the NCAA.

Scoring droughts are the only thing that fundamentally concern me. With all respect to Dayton, San Diego St., (and Baylor and Gonzaga), I would love to be in any of those brackets playing those teams as one seeds. Being battle tested with a great PG are hallmarks of a team that can do very well in the tournament. Like last year, we have different guys that can beat you on a given night. One of the underrated things about the Duke win was winning despite getting very little out of Woldo.

I’d be fine with last years pattern of losing in the ACC Semi and winning the Natty.

4 Likes

I totally agree with basically all of this. Which 1 and 2 seeds in most brackets are soft.

I really like to be over the winning streak before the Tourney. The ACC tournament doesnt do much for the Hoos. Even a win wont elevate their seed. And any amount of rest Kihei can get I’ll take.

3 Likes

Thanks. I agree the parity is so big this year that no one looks like a clear cut favorite

2 Likes

Precisely. Love this point

3 Likes

Exactly. The unexpectedness of this year is uncanny and unbelievable

3 Likes

This is the main reason it’s so high. Kihei, woldo, mamadi, Huff and maybe even Braxton can give us a solid showing on any given night/day.

1 Like

Dont sleep on the little things Braxton brings to the table. Hia defense and rebounding is the glue for the team.

3 Likes

I agree with the team assessment. This team has embraced themselves and back themselves now. They know how to survive a rock fight

3 Likes

Everyone has a role on the team and they know that role very well and serve (not the right word but you get the point) that role very well

1 Like

I’m not gonna put any high expectation on this team…At least not like I have in the past. However it would not surprise me to see us make a little run in the tourney. As others have said this is not an elite team but when you play us your gonna get a rock fight. The Dragon is right. We’re a damn good rock fighting team and I’m sure that none of the top seeds want to draw us early in the tournament

3 Likes

It has so much to do with the match up. Anybody want to play Mich St right now? We are always built to frustrate a running team like UNC usually is but vulnerable to a hot shooting 3 point team. Sometimes the style of play match up is more important than how high a seed that you are playing.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing up hot 3 point shooting. Did anyone catch the box score for Syracuse v. Boston College last night?

BC made 19/42 threes and lost by 13.

For scale, my confidence in BC is zero.

2 Likes

Ouch that’s rough. The Hoos may know better than anyone what BC can do when they are on and what happens when they are on.

It’s an age-old tale come tournament season. Teams that get hot from deep and teams with elite-create on their own guards can screw with your bracket faster than anything.

2 Likes