I wish this wasn't my 1st New Topic re: Alabama

If he hasn’t been suspended, he should have been.

1 Like

Good, but should’ve been done by Bama when they knew about it. For once the NCAA does the right thing.

2 Likes

Cosby to UVA? probably not but maybe?

Dont see it reported anywhere else

2 Likes

Are we sure this is legit? I don’t see any mentions of this.

6 Likes

That guy is a known Twitter troll, kinda like the Jim ■■■■■■■■■ account UVA fans have to deal with but way more blatant about it.

5 Likes

Yea, seems like an Auburn troll. Silly me for thinking the NCAA would do the right thing.

3 Likes

If he hasn’t been suspended, he should have been.

I’d take Noah Clowney in a heartbeat

2 Likes

Lol hes going to declare for the draft. Also HGN said he doubt Noah and his camp would fit with UVA when we were showing interest out of HS

2 Likes

Wow is right

1 Like

This probably should be true, but this has troll written all over it. Plus this guy is a mega-Tennessee fan/sports reporter. I think this is more like the headline everyone knows should be written, but likely won’t be.

3 Likes

That “Breaking News from Richard G. West” graphic (plus the “Breaking News Breaking News” stripe at the bottom) doesn’t exactly scream “reliable journalist”.

4 Likes

These things get me everytime. Clueless

1 Like

The guy won’t even invest to pay for a fake blue check.

2 Likes

From other stories, doesn’t look like the NCAA has done anything but the rest of it is true. The leading scorer on Alabama provided a gun for a murder and may have driven the car used to block the victim in.

So Nate Oates can be safely placed in the scumbag category. Will fit right in the SEC.

3 Likes

Oh wow! I didn’t think that they’d do it!!!

Edit: Just read the rest of the thread about it being a troll job.

I just edited up the original post @Galileo24. Replaced it with your later post so not to mislead people. Don’t sweat it. We all get taken by the fake internet garbage out there sometimes haha

7 Likes

It’s clearly gonna be up to the school administration as to whether there are any consequences for the player or the coach. The NCAA has no standing here. Will the administration do something? I don’t know. We all make fun of Alabama but it’s still a university full of professionals who don’t want the school’s reputation tarnished by being represented in this way.

1 Like

Nate Oats seems like he has an end goal, which is keep Brandon Miller on the team through the rest of the season, and is trying to build a rationalization to reach that goal. I think he would have been better off saying a lot less along the lines of, “Very sorry about what happened to Jamea Harris and prayers for her family. I can’t say more about the shooting as that’s in the hands of the police and Alabama’s judicial system. As for Brandon Miller, the University of Alabama is satisfied that he’s met the requirements to continue playing on our basketball team, and I cannot offer any further comment.”

Assuming the police testimony is true, I personally don’t ever want a player to be on any UVA team if they brought a gun to another student who then murdered someone during a confrontation at which that athlete was present. But maybe my standards for UVA athletes is unreasonably high.

4 Likes

That is probably prudent.

It’s unbelievable to me that he could have provided the gun and helped trap the victim but no charges. Smacks of a cover up to me.

2 Likes