In-season Basketball Recruiting 2022-2023

Acaden Lewis and Donnie Richardson two of the 2025 recruits to recently unofficial to UVA.

2024 UVA offer Caleb Williams is out with an injury for Sidwell.

3 Likes

Cue the “Richardson’s a Richmond kid? Gonnie Richardson” post….

2 Likes

Blake’s HS season starts tonight, if this MaxPreps schedule is correct.

(maybe a new thread for Blake and Elijah – fingers crossed – HS hoops talk?)

4 Likes

For sure but Eli wont be playing. Recovering from injury and getting ready to be a Hoo

10 Likes

At all? For a while? Bummer

2 Likes

@HoozGotNext posting unsolicited about Travis Perry.

Hmmm interesting. Could read into this that he is the top want for 2024 guard. Or not and just hallucinating off the furnace fumes.

3 Likes

all season??? Say it aint so Joe

All season. Will be back stronger.

6 Likes

Tell him he can enroll here for the 2nd semester :wink:

3 Likes

Dont laugh man. Would be ideal. He is under great care here in the area.

5 Likes

Hopefully not the same sort of injury that impacted Jabri and others as first years.

1 Like

What was Jabris? I forgot

1 Like

Dang. Between Tahaad and Elijah, I hope Coach Nick didn’t plan the budget with a big ticket gate in mind. :joy:

Hope Elijah gets better soon with minimal hiccup to his development. And now I’m seriously bummed I didn’t check out one of those summer league games…

Ty missed all (or most?) of his HS senior season with a surgery and wound up okay, even playing a fair amount at the end of his frosh year. Dre’s HS injury is one of those ret-conned things that makes folks not have to re-examine their priors about the RS. He was fine by February or so, at least, and maybe pushing for PT, per Tony. Re: Jabri, always hard to know, but it’s possible his development had just hit its natural peak regardless of the injury.

2 Likes

I think JAR broke his foot (and I think Carson missed a lot of his senior year too with a stress fracture in his foot). Neither I think was the same player after

3 Likes

Woulda been great to watch with Haney this summer. Haney teaching JC natives the Good Ol Song and shit

4 Likes

I could be totally wrong, but I have a vague memory of an X-ray of Carson’s foot showing a piece of bone that needed to be removed or something like that.

I have the same memory, but for Malc (another guy whose foot injury didn’t severely alter his career trajectory)

So that means we are depending on 3 guys next year who won’t have played any games for a whole season??? Ughhhhh. Plus if Taine works into it he will basically have 3 seasons in a row of hardly any games.
Not ideal. I want Traudt on the floor please … or Bond even.

1 Like