In-season Basketball Recruiting 2022-2023

Kid is crazy if he doesn’t play for TB. Klay, Joe, Sam, and Trey. Heck Malcolm had a 40/50/90 season in the league. No other coach comes close to that group of shooters.

3 Likes

Believe Dre spent more minutes at the 4. IIRC the two most played lineups (defensive positions. Flip Ty and Kihei offensively) were Kihei-Kyle-Ty-Dre-Jack and Kihei-Kyle-Ty-Dre-Mamadi.

Anyway to your larger point HGN has said a few times over the years to look at the 13/14 team for the model TB is going for. Update for current trends in the game (for example current version of Tobey has to shoot 3’s) but that’s more of the mold than the national title team. Hard to recruit a ‘Dre’ when you don’t get 5 stars lol so seems like a more realistic goal to me

Doing a deep dive into possible reclass pgs. Labaron Philon played some 17U. Top 5 pg (top 50 recruit overall) in 2024 from the state of Alabama that we have interest in.

I remember @HoozGotNext said maybe someone from staff makes the trip to Alabama since there are 3 kids we have interest in there (Labaron, Ty Davis, and wing Chase McCarty)

2 Likes

Is this a comment on Prunty?

This is my very personal opinion.
I don’t think Prunty is at the high major level yet. (For now, I want to think of it as a 3-star like 247sports.)
Stevenson and Scott expected them to be good players when they were younger, but a player like Prunty is really hard to evaluate.
Anyway, for now, I just believe in his length and size his and hope he becomes a better player.
Another concern is the hype he will receive if he plays with Scott. Rather, it would be a good option if he develops without being swayed by it.

1 Like

Misspelling - isn’t it Jaxgone Prunty?

1 Like
1 Like

My thought about Jaxon is that if he is a 6’6 ball handling guard, with a slight body, and maybe not able to shoot yet but is learning, then that makes him a potentially taller Reece Beekman- which we should all *hopefully want. The benefits are at the defensive end and ball handling, BUT now I’m going to waffle and say that I always want a shooter at the guard spot lol!

1 Like

I dont see it in the clips I watch of Prunty/he would definitely be a project. Not very aggressive either.

2 Likes

Oak Hill and Sunrise on ESPNU at 6:30pm.

1 Like

Besides Kon’s mother, his uncle Jeff Nordgaard (2nd round pick & 13 career NBA games) played at Green Bay for Dick Bennett for three seasons. He just missed playing with Tony by a season, so I’m sure they knew of each other if not outright knowing each other.

6 Likes

Dontae playing in his first us game vs Sunrise Christian

Could be our next pg

7 Likes

He’s blowing up on twitter.

4 Likes

Russo Nance in a cast for last six weeks. First week on court full speed since he arrived at OHA in sept. Extremely skilled snd savvy player. Told he was probably 80 percent tonight. Great hands on defense.

4 Likes

just watched a few clips. Extremely skilled is right but he looks a little slow. Not sure if its the foot injury or Im just comparing him in my mind to Reece.

Agree he looked a step slow but he i think that is more being out of shape and not back to 100 percent. Looked a but heavy as well. Given the number of games these guys play, i think he will look much different in a month. With that said, he is definitely not reese…nothing close. He was just the smartest and most experienced player on the court by a wide margin. In my opinion, he appears to be to be a player who will be a great college player but didn’t show anything that screams nba player anytime soon.

2 Likes

For Travis Perry. 2nd time Painter’s been there.

1 Like

You Should Go Get Out GIF by Breaking Bad

6 Likes

Who is at the top of your 2024 wish list?

• Kon Knueppel
  • Travis Perry
  • Dontae Russo-Nance
  • Nick Janowski
  • Ty Davis
  • Elliot Cadeau
  • Jarin Stevenson
  • Tahaad Pettiford
  • Rakease Passmore
  • Isaiah Abraham
  • Caleb Williams
  • Daniel Freitag
  • Drew Mcknenna
  • Other

0 voters

1 Like

Tony’s too classy but who’s going to tell PG recruits.

Beekman. Nowhere to first round draft pick. Love. First round draft pick to nowhere. If you want to be a PG in the League come to UVA and have Tony coach you up.

Feels like Ty would be an invaluable recruiting asset here and more likely to point out the hard truths

5 Likes