🏀 In-Season Recruiting 2023-24

Class of 2025 Recruiting

*all rankings are the On3 industry average

Guards

Chance Mallory 5’10” PG St. Anne’s Belfield (VA) Ranked 73rd
Competition: Maryland, VT, Clemson
Multiple unofficial visits. UVA coaches are around all the time. He could reclassify.

Derek Dixon 6’4” G Gonzaga (DC) Ranked 78th
Competition: Syracuse, Pitt, Villanova
Unofficial visit. Williford was up to see him in Sept.

Acaden Lewis 6’3” G Sidwell Friends (DC) Ranked 102nd
Competition: FSU, Georgetown, Maryland
Unofficial visit. Williford has been there twice this fall.

Jackson Keith 6’5” SG Southern Durham (NC) Ranked 71st
Competition: NC State, Tennessee
Multiple unofficial visits. Assistant to see him in Sept. Getting heavy interest from UNC.

Adrien Stevens 6’4 SG Bullis (MD) Ranked 136th
Competition: Marquette, VT, Maryland
Unofficial visit. Williford has been at Bullis twice this fall.

Forwards

London Jemison 6’8” F St. Thomas More (CT) Ranked 172nd
Competition: Providence, Villanova, Syracuse
He hasn’t visited yet. Bennett was up to see him in early Oct. Could reclassify.

Nate Ament 6’9 F Highland School (VA) Ranked 20th
Competition: Duke
Unofficial visit. Assistant was there in Sept.

Bryson Tiller 6’9 F Overtime Elite (GA) Ranked 7th
Competition: Kansas, UNC, Auburn
He hasn’t visited. Bennett attended the Overtime Elite combine in Sept.

Other Offers (no in-person activity so far)

Guards: Jalen Haralson (IN), Darius Adams (NJ)

Forwards: Nik Bundalo (OH)

Center: Xavion Staton (NV)

19 Likes

Noticed yesterday the new West Virginia head coach follows Jemison with his personal instagram account.

Also Notre Dame and Marquette staff on twitter. Basically the entire former big east, plus kansas interest, and the oklahoma assistant that was recruiting him is now at Duke…

https://twitter.com/WriterLeader247/status/1717233507137724823

https://twitter.com/NYPost_Brazille/status/1715880841182634273

3 Likes

Kansas…

Bad Girls Club Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes

Jemison looks great and all, but the way his recruitment is blowing up leaves me extremely pessimistic about our chances.

9 Likes

Will be interesting to see how much we butt up against Pitino in recruiting.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/HoozGotNext/status/1720220946739482940?t=QGGfcsjnNIDFZRJZqkB_Sg&s=19

14 Likes

Bucket getting point guard. In that Chance Mallory/Acaden Lewis category

Tony loves his tiny point guards.

11 Likes

I remember Jalen Reece from the game against Team Thrill (Mallory) out in Vegas at the end of July that was on ESPN. He went off. I’m sure the UVA coaches were watching too.

12 Likes

And we are all already of course fans of the name Reece as well

11 Likes

Reece is really good, a little bit bigger than Mallory and has an easier time finishing amongst traffic at the rim. I still like Mallory more as our 2025 guard recruit though, I just think his elite quickness and range from deep would complement really well with Bliss’s skillset.

5 Likes

I mean we already have Bliss who has really good size so a tiny PG makes sense

3 Likes
3 Likes

Oh just Tony’s fascination with them is interesting. I remember Isaiah Thomas saying on twitter that Tony Bennett at Washington State was his first power 5 offer.

Something transcendental about backing up Mugsy Bogues in the NBA.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2016/03/24/tony-bennetts-nba-career-is-forgotten-except-by-those-who-saw-a-future-coach/

5 Likes

Tony was also a small PG. In addition to Bogues
I’m sure he sees a lot of himself in those guys

5 Likes

I don’t have a problem with small guards, as long as they can shoot consistently or be on the floor with a couple of shooters. Kihei-Kyle-Ty was a small backcourt, but it worked because 2 of the 3 were elite shooters.

That’s been the frustration of the last few years, and TBD if it’s still a problem this year.

Rohde, IMac & Bliss can shoot. So can Mallory. Or at least that’s their reputations.

8 Likes

the office GIF

hilarious…NBA is going the route of 6’10 point guards and we get oompa loompas…wtf

I’ve read that article a couple times in the past, but in re-reading I had a thought. Tony Bennett and Dell Curry were teammates. I wonder if Tony tried to recruit Steph to WSU when he was assisting his dad. Or if he tried to recruit Seth to WSU. Or if he directed Seth to McKay at Liberty either because Seth didn’t want to play so far from home or Tony didn’t think he was PAC 12 level. And I wonder if Seth ever considered following McKay to UVA or if he had made up his mind to go to Duke when he considered transferring.

This is something I have thought about at times as well

18 Likes
5 Likes