🏀 In-Season Recruiting 2023-24

Huh, interesting.

I know recruiting is always kinda fluid, but the approach to '25 feels very different from what we’ve seen in recent years.

I feel like we should offer basically every forward in the top-150 and see which ones are actually “getable”

We will really need forwards with RD gone.

6 Likes

Largo? Must be flyer than the rest of ‘em

1 Like

Exactly! It’s pretty much musical chairs, and thats why we should offer as many 6’7-6’9 forwards for that Ryan Dunn spot as possible (Jemison, Ament, Ward and others).

We will see who we end up with in the end.

1 Like

This kid is currently Marylands top target for 2025

2 Likes

I want him solely for that fact

9 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Outside UVA Recruiting 2023-24

Was looking at the UMD board for any late scrimmage nuggets and apparently Mallory and Acaden Lewis are visiting there this weekend. Also had not paid attention to the fact that Mallory is AAU teammates with 5 star center and likely Maryland commit Derrick Queen.

On the scrimmage Willard said the below on a recent radio show. Nothing earthshattering, just likely confirming we played some good D.

WILLARD ON THE SCRIMMAGE VS. VIRGINIA AND THE OPENER VS. MOUNT ST. MARY’S

“Yeah, we just got done playing Virginia this weekend, and I think Virginia was a good eye-opening because their physicality and the way they play defense – we struggled a little bit in certain things and some of the young guys struggled. So we need a really good week of practice. We’ve been so banged up, we’ve only had eight guys for the last two and a half weeks. So we gotta we, we need a good week because Mount’s good, but then the schedule just keeps on going.”

19 Likes

Derek Dixon was down for an unofficial over the weekend. His sister goes to UVA. I did not know that. It was family weekend, so convenient time to drop by…and get a photoshoot of course.

13 Likes

How little I care about recruiting during the season. I saw this article this morning and just completely skipped over to find leon bond tweets… Fuck them kids

10 Likes

Where is he on the “actually he’s a big guard” to “maybe you’re best as a smallball 5” spectrum of wing types?

2 Likes

4/3

1 Like

@HoozGotNext when Sharma and Cofie signing

2 Likes

I don’t know for sure. Probably today though.

Let’s see who can come closest to matching TB’s quote in the official release.

4 Likes

clears throat

Opening statement: “We are excited to add these young men to our basketball program, both Jacob and Ishan are high character and talented individuals. They come from outstanding families and will value a degree from the University of Virginia.”

Cofie: “Jacob is a competitive two-way player who was highly recruited for his versatility and skill. We are pleased about what he will bring in the future to our frontcourt.”

Sharma: “Ishan is a skilled guard who caught the eye of many schools because of his high-level shooting ability. We look forward to his bright future at the University of Virginia.”

10 Likes

TonyGPT’s take (I had to do a lot of prompting and revising):

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Virginia Basketball Welcomes Jacob Cofie and Ishan Sharma

CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA - (Date) - The University of Virginia proudly announces the addition of two outstanding student-athletes, Jacob Cofie and Ishan Sharma, to the Cavaliers’ basketball program. Jacob hails from Washington, and Ishan joins us from Canada.

Coach Tony Bennett shared his excitement, saying, “We are honored to have Jacob and Ishan join our basketball family. Their qualities and values align perfectly with our program’s philosophy.”

Reflecting on Jacob Cofie, Coach Bennett added, “Jacob’s skill and determination will bring a strong presence to our team.”

Speaking about Ishan Sharma, he noted, “Ishan’s sharpshooting skills and dedication to his craft are remarkable.”

The University of Virginia looks forward to witnessing Jacob and Ishan make their mark on and off the court, continuing the Cavaliers’ tradition of excellence.

4 Likes

I really hope CTB says that Cofie “hails” from Washington lol

Neither include any reference to redshirting… so these have to be false.

3 Likes

I wish we had Cofie on this team.

9 Likes

Cofie just did ha

2 Likes