🏀 Outside UVA Recruiting 2023-24

I hate to put this here, because well, I hate Duke but the outside UVA recruiting thread went bye bye.

Those guys are gonna get both Edgecomb and Ngongba. The ‘only one ball’ and ‘only 5 guys on the floor at a time’ theories are gonna come into play against the golden boy at some point…the verdict is still way out on Kon of course but Power is screwed. Played some of the lowest mins in their exhibition last night and onlu had like 7 pts. We’ll see him in Chestnut Hill next season

Recruiting Nuggets 11.3.23 - Burner Ball

9 Likes

I’d still take him if Dunn goes pro after this year.

1 Like

Power and Kon both recruited over already. Who would have thought?

12 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzPAVb3RdHT/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry. Scheyer’s got their backs.

6 Likes

Duke has had a top-2 recruiting class or something close every year since 2014, apparently. Maybe even earlier.

One Championship (legit, not 2010 luck) and one other Final Four in the same period.

We’ll see if Scheyer can produce differently, I guess…

2 Likes

And they’ve been to an elite eight half the time. They’ve been a top 5 program of that time period

4 Likes

There he is!

4 Likes

Best Friends Starz GIF by Power Book II: Ghost

2 Likes

Yeah it’s other posters bringing up Duke. Maybe they shouldn’t be so fixated. It gives VT

I thought Kon seeming like a grounded kid would rise above drinking the kool aid. I’m not even being a homer, i think if he didn’t come here Marquette would have been a great home for him too. He wouldn’t accomplish anything special at Wisconsin but it should have been us or Marquette. Something will have to give there’s only so much playing time and there will be a lot of transfers. I think Jon has the potential to be a great coach but this will backfire on him down the road. He’s literally so cocky that he can not only manage but keep all of these five stars happy. I can’t wait for him to fail.
The only coach that has ever been able to manage a stacked roster in a given year was Cal in 14-15. I think the blue print for winning a chip is to have 3/4 great players and bench players to fill in the gap. With so many 5 stars none of them will ever be able to get into a flow.

4 Likes

Im pretty sure Duke will start
Caleb Foster
Kon Knueppel
VJ Edgecombe or Isaiah Evans
Sean Stewart or Isaiah Evans
Patrick Ngongba

next season.

1 Like

When does Flagg arrive?

Oh Snapp forgot flagg.

He’s the starter at the 4.

Foster Knueppel Edgecombe Flagg Stewart with Evans and Ngongba off the bench?

Power really screwed up lol. He coulda had Groves role and Im sure he’s gotta be kicking himself with how overrecruited he is.

6 Likes

You don’t necessarily have to respond to it every single damn time though. I mean I guess you can, just understand it’s going to piss everyone off.

3 Likes

I think pissing everyone off is the point.

3 Likes

People have ignore buttons. It doesn’t really bother me

Same could be said for you just ignoring when Duke is brought up

4 Likes

And the real issue with Power isn’t that he didn’t pick us. I totally get why he’d have been apprehensive about Traudt. But if Traudt on the roster was any concern whatsoever, going to Duke, regardless of how the roster looked at that very moment or what they said, was going to be 1000x worse. He was screwed from the moment he signed.

3 Likes

If people want to keep giving Duke the publicity then all power to them. I just hope they know they’re feeding the system that sustains Duke