Introducing the first LRA Showcase (Jan 15th, CHS)

We are so excited to announce the first LRA Showcase at Charlottesville High on January 15th, 2022. Come watch future wahoos as well as former wahoos turned coaches. More details to come. Mark Your Calendars!

18 Likes

This sounds awesome would love to know more.

1 Like

This is really cool guys! Anyone have a breakdown on the UVA connections?

1 Like

Norfolk Collegiates coach was one the best ever on the block at UHall

3 Likes

Junior?

2 Likes

Didn’t know Chase Metheny coached there

2 Likes

Boom

2 Likes

Ha. Chase the man!

2 Likes

Should have had Maury high school there. But for real a cool event

Really hard scheduling teams as they can only play X number of games and schedules were already full. Getting these teams and Uva ties huge win by @Merch and @Marktykobe

6 Likes

Im waiting for the Charlottesville Showcase.

Charlottesville High School vs Montverde Academy.

Western Albemarle vs IMG.

Albemarle vs Sunrise Christian.

2 Likes

Three of the head coaches are UVA basketball alums. Damin Altizer at STAB, Cade Lemcke at Blue Ridge, and Junior Burrough at Norfolk Collegiate.

Coach Williford’s oldest son Austin is a freshman on the STAB team, and playing really well. Looks like a future ACC kind of recruit.

6 Likes

Catholic High has a 6-8 big that we’re recruiting. @HoozGotNext can probably give us a breakdown.

4 Likes

Also, we were so close to have McKneely’s team Poca and Leon Bond’s team from WI come down…but we just couldn’t get the schedule right…

If this goes well, next year…we’ll make sure to get some direct Targets and Commits to come down…

This could be really cool.

We’ll also be doing a pop-up with exclusive merchandise. Should be lots of Fun. Lots of Former Wahoo Hoopers will be in attendance. So come out if you can.

17 Likes

https://twitter.com/jwherron10/status/1447321922220531719

5 Likes

Also Junes son The Glove is on Norfolk. Freshman as well. Just watching June on the sidelines is worth the price of admition

6 Likes

Chase Methony reference my day is made

2 Likes

Oh, that’s so cool.

Back at school, I worked nights and weekends at RadioShack at Fashion Square Mall. One day Chase Metheny and Colin Ducharme walked in. We used to keep extra stuff on top of the shelves which were about 6.5 feet. Chase was the only guy I ever saw who could see above the shelves. They bought a soldering kit, I assume so they could mod a PS1.

5 Likes

Ha love that. Chase was one of my mom’s students when she worked at UVa and i remember him coming yoher office and his legs would take up the whole thing