Isaac McKneely is a Hoo!

John Oliver is the best and his clips are perfect for every situation.

2 Likes

A+ commitment video. Kept it simple but super cool.

16 Likes

Still think we have room on the roster for Taylor especially if he slides up into 21. Jabri will be the only pure 3 on next years roster assuming Stattman has to medically retire.

3 Likes

That would be great if he moved up!

Stattmann made a post recently hinting at his return fairly soon.

1 Like

He made the smart decision!!! Welcome Isaac.

2 Likes

“Coach Bennett, I absolutely love the man” “I can’t thank him enough, and can’t wait to play for him.”

“I will be signing to play for Virginia in November. No doubt about it.” “Coach Bennett has said he’s going to be there. He’s been offered NBA head coaching jobs. He’s not leaving.”

https://wchstv.com/sports/top-sports/mckneely-commits-to-uva

22 Likes

Forget McKneely committing. That’s the best quote I’ve read since the immediate aftermath of the title.

11 Likes

He also said he committed early to pounce on the spot and make sure no one else took the spot. Do you think that’s a reference to McKneely and Taylor fighting for one spot?

5 Likes

I think the pounce on the spot was sort of an off hand comment, certainly didn’t need to right now but it was smart either way if he’s sure about it.

An interesting little nugget in another local article. Quote from Coach Osborne at Poca.

“He went to two games last year and went down to their campus two, three weeks ago and felt comfortable with it. It’s a really good fit for him. He’s a really good student and Virginia is a great academic school. Their style of play really fits him.’’

Also have to love this

“Coach Bennett said if I’m willing to come in and work, then I’m willing to come in and contribute,’’ McKneely said. “He was honest with me. He can’t promise me a starting spot and 36 minutes a game, but if I’m willing to work hard, I can contribute. I don’t expect to come in and be the man. I’ll be a little fish in a big sea my freshman year anyway. I’d rather expect less and have more happen than expect a lot and have not a lot happen.’’

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/sports/prep_sports/basketball/boys_basketball/boys-basketball-pocas-mckneely-selects-virginia/article_2fbc6306-2303-5c25-8c95-2ecb689e89a5.html

19 Likes

That’s a very refreshing approach to his freshman year. Seems like so many guys are expecting everything from day one only to be disappointed and frustrated.

2 Likes

When you combine his quotes, his list, and his talent this easily feels like our biggest recruiting win since Kyle.

10 Likes
6 Likes

I think there are two spots for wings, one of which McKneely just snagged. In my opinion, there are two offers out for the last remaining. However, if there is a transfer, it could possibly open up another.

2 Likes

seems like a really high character kid, what a great fit

3 Likes

Very impressive maturity and perspective from the young man. Between Isaac’s skill, athleticism, and attitude, the sky is the limit or the ceiling is the roof or something like that. Isaac reminds me of Joe with his humble confidence, maturity, and work ethic. He’s the kind of young guy you can build a championship-caliber team around.

6 Likes

7 Likes

Agree 100 – and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this kid – but do bear in mind that neither Kentucky nor UNC had offered him – so we didn’t really beat them out.

1 Like

People get too caught up on offers. It’s almost an antiquated idea these days. Every coach/school has a different process. Some coaches hand them out as attention getters, others put them through the ringer first. Best question you can ask a recruit is which head coaches do you hear from. That’s who’s seriously recruiting them. Kentucky was very involved here.

9 Likes

So why hasn’t Isaac Traudt committed yet?

2 Likes