Isaac Traudt Commitment

We agree. Laettner did all the things needed in his era. If he played now he would shoot 50 percent from three. And he was an awful guy

6 Likes

Decent video breaking down his game by an MSU site (though the comp isn’t super convincing – Isaac’s much better IMO):

4 Likes

He was the worst

1 Like

Unreal player and complete ass hole. Makes you think how him and K had such a conection

8 Likes

Traudt reminds me more of Jarrod Uthoff than Wieskamp tbh.

2 Likes

I think that’s the comparison @HoozGotNext or someone mentioned a while back that is most accurate in terms of someone UVA tried to recruit/was involved with.

Completely forgot about that kid until the nba playoff bubble last year when I saw him on the Wizards squad.

Would absolutely take Uthoff’s level of production here from Traudt if we land him. Averaged 13 ppg as a Sophomore before breaking out as an All American as a Junior, and shot the lights out of the ball. Was also a good shot blocker in his time there.

1 Like

In my book of Duke hatred Laetner is on page 2 surpassed only by Grayson Allen

3 Likes

Eerily similar in the way they move and how they play.

3 Likes

Indeed. Most Dookies I know agree with this - they still worship him of course, but how bad a person must he be for them to acknowledge this.

Can someone link the clip (from insta maybe?) of Isaac/Isaac shooting around at JPJ on their visit?

Both are linked here

2 Likes

Indiana just took their international trip to the Bahamas (Atlantis) and played two Serbian pro teams. They won both their games. The comments from the Indiana fans that were there suggested that there is a world of difference between the play of this year’s team and that of Coach Archie Miller. It’s not a guarantee that things will continue once the regular season commences, but Indiana is a team that bears watching in 2022.

2 Likes

I’ve been wondering if this team would take an international trip, and it’s pretty obvious the answer is no (since classes have started and all). I was a little disappointed at first, but then I realized that 2022 has the potential to be the foundation of something great, while this years team is looking a little more stop-gap-y. Better to use the trip to help build next year.

2 Likes

While I am always in favor of the trips abroad, I am a bit skeptical of their value to the team. I think the experience of travel is great for the kids. They will have experiences they will remember for a lifetime, but it makes for a long season. Every year that the team has taken a trip to Europe, there has been a fade at the end of the season. Now, it can be argued that those problems in March were the result of other issues, but both 2013 and 2017 ended on a sour note, IMO. That said, I’m sorry they missed the trip in 2020, and I hope they are able to resume the trips when the pandemic is over (and until that happens, the travel options are very, very limited).

3 Likes

Weren’t four of our 10 scholarship players on other continents last month?

1 Like

What an ass? I’m pretty sure he did this for another recruitment of ours too

18 Likes

Yeah leave the spoiling to the sports forums. At least that way the ones who spend their free time cherishing their loved ones will be surprised

Also just realized he used #isaacsquared

5 Likes

He has 124 followers… def not a pundit.

2 Likes

He’s an ass lol. Watch Traudt see that and be like “nah catch me in Omaha”

6 Likes