Isaac Traudt Enters The Portal

I’m dishing out some copium if anyone wants some…

Traudt will be Jay Huff minus the rim protection. I’d be sadder if we lost any of the other 3 players from his class

thats GIF

6 Likes

This is really bad, but also we are going to be okay. We’ll never know if things would’ve ended differently without the redshirt, but hopefully this forces some deep reflection on Tony’s part.

With that being said, I want players who want to be here, and I’ll take CTB over any player. Let’s go portal shopping!

4 Likes

So he will be like the most efficient player ever in the Tony Bennett era?

1 Like

Not better than White Mamba :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Austin Nichols is like, “Bro, even I lasted 16 minutes”

22 Likes

Good luck to Isaac T. Wishing you happiness. As for the Hoos, there are other Fish in the sea!

16 Likes

Legitimate question- what happens to player access/etc once a transfer is announced? Are they still full access in terms of facility/perks/etc? Obviously assume so, just kinda strange dynamic until the semester ends

2 Likes

I truly would hate/can’t imagine the awkwardness of finishing out a semester.

5 Likes

From my knowledge of reading Pat Conroy books, everyone turns around to look the other way as Isaac walks out in shame with his box of stuff.

For real, I don’t really know. I suspect he can keep using the facilities, but, yes, I suspect it gets pretty awkward.

8 Likes

I think I saw Igor around grounds even after he announced he was transferring last year. That might’ve been on a bit better terms than Traudt tho bc we basically funneled him to Charlotte.

12 Likes

Live lookin on IT
Animated GIF

5 Likes

I was thinking it was the first time since he arrived that IT would smile.

2 Likes

I’m sure it’s not as awkward as I personally think it would be. I tend to be a people pleaser so I’d overthink the entire situation. Sure these guys get it, especially with them knowing he was struggling likely since day 1. Dealing with the student body who doesn’t have the full picture(hell, probably less than us since he have HGN) would be hard.

1 Like

Picturing a scene like this

2 Likes

Ehh. I’d estimate like 80% of the students I know who would call themselves basketball fans don’t really know who Traudt is. Lotta people who only know the guys who play

5 Likes

Wow, I was so wrong in proclaiming that he would stay. What do I know…

Straight up. Stop redshirting top 100 recruits. If there is a gap in their game that would prevent them from playing as a freshman … DON’T RECRUIT THEM! Only recruit high level talent you think can contribute immediately.

3 Likes

On the bright side, at least the Hooz1234 handle is still available.

2 Likes

I think I share the same opinion, but here’s sort of the counterpoint. I do think sometimes that’s easier said than done. I’m sure we want all guys that can contribute day 1. But sometimes we have to settle for guys with elite traits, that are highly ranked, but need some time. And saying “settle” is a strong word for guys like Buchanan, but I’m sure you get where I’m coming from. The kind of guys you are describing are a lot of the times higher ranked and in the Duke/Kentucky realm.

I also think it’s common for bigs to be slower to come around. And If a big is day 1 ready, Duke and Kentucky will bring them in. So although from a wide lense, I agree with you, when I look at it closer I can see why it’s harder.

I do think we sort of make it extra harder on our bigs. Would love if there were adjustments we could make to ease them in better…. Or just go after more stretch bigs and play 5 out while sacrificing some hedging, etc

5 Likes

If the group of people who should be the most raucous fans in the building don’t know who the redshirts are, that’s an issue.

2 Likes